Multi Leaders being disassociated

hi all,

seems a very basic mistake i am making, but i am a very basic cad user... ;)

i am using multi leaders to connect to item bubbles and therefore have no text, but a 2 landing length. when i snap the 'front' (end farthest from text if there is any...) part to a line and then drag it away to make it look right, they will disassociate when i close and reopen the drawing, leaving them to go a billion miles off the screen.

could someone please let me know the proper way to attach a leader from an object - where the arrow is - to another object (eg; an item callout bubble) without any text?

hope i have described this well enough; i am currently unable to attach images.

thank you. :)

Where are you creating your multileaders? Sounds like they are in Modelspace.

I have put dimensions and leaders in Paperspace for many years, the leaders do not contain text, and they work just fine.

Is there a reason why you prefer or need to put them in Modelspace, assuming that my assumptions are correct?

hey dadgad,

thanks for your reply.

yes, they are in modelspace. i tend to do all my text and dims, etc in modelspace.

what is the best method? i put them all in MS because i like the annotative text, dims, and also for if things need to be moved around.

is this the best practice? is it just that multileaders without text dont like modelspace?!

thank you.

There are two different schools of thought on this, and there is no definitive right nor wrong way.

There are highly skilled proponents of both approaches.

I don't use Annotative in my work, so am not really qualified to talk about that.

I am not sure if annotative features translate across to paperspace or not, there are others who will know though, just be patient, somebody better informed will weigh in.

I have been using ProSteel for the last year and a half, and it puts everything in Modelspace.

Actually took my ProSteel instruction in Brisbane.

Often how you work will be dictated by those for, or with whom you work.

That can be frustrating, as often we encounter techniques which are dated, but still in use, and it is difficult to resist the urge to modernize. The key is to share with your coworkers, in a nonconfrontational manner, any perceived upgrades to the process. :|

ha ha... dadgad, youre going above and beyond today....thanks! :lol:

i think this is one for me to go with the flow with what is done here... but am interested in what people think all the same.

have a great day.