Vport Scales to be set by "build"

jt6572

As I mentioned in a previous post, regarding having a personalized default template, it is certainly a very good idea to create things such as your sheet, which are totally sanitized, and to your liking.

Yes, if your xref has been cleaned up, you should be able to avoid that problem.

Be sure to take advantage of this opportunity to check your dimension, text, table and line styles, and set appropriate ones as current in the xref.

You could also save that titleblock, once cleaned up, as a .dwt (drawing template), which would always be available when you are starting a new drawing, or it could be set as your default QNEW template, in OPTIONS, on the FILES tab, down in the TEMPLATE settings. Once set, each time you push the NEW drawing button, that would be the default used, and you would hit the ground running.

Thanks Dadgad,

all of that is what i have in mind to get us on track as far as productivity goes.

i will allocate as much time towards this as i can, but even now, we are better off than we were. :)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jt6572

• Dadgad

• BIGAL

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good plan, just remember that saving a drawing as a template takes no more time than saving it as a .dwg, just choose the .dwt file style, and you got it.

Any drawing can be saved as a template, in that way. :)

It only takes any one drawing that you like to get you started, just open it, then do a SAVEAS, and choose .dwt file type, be sure to name it appropriately.

Maybe you'll replace it tomorrow, or think of something else it should include, so open your .dwt, tweak and do a SAVE.

You will likely want to create multiple new templates, which are task, sheet size, vendor, or project specific, no problem, and helps a lot in terms of efficiency and consistency.

i have done it in the way distant past - just in a role where i am drafting a lot more than i am used to (12d designer) and getting back into the flow of using it well.

which means not only being able to have your left hand whizzing all around the keyboard in a blur, but getting the foundations for a good working environment in place rather than wasting time EVERY SINGLE drawing!!!

flusters me, and i'm working to get it sorted.

thank you for all of your help Dadgad - it is people like you who i am very grateful to for generously sharing their knowledge to help others.

(given previous posts, i know that does sound on the side of hypocrisy, but in saying that, there is a line where if others just keep taking, you dont want to keep giving...until you get over it and do it because its the right thing to do!!! :lol:)