Setting Vport scale for drawings in meter

HI i have a drawing in meters with a size of 2 km and i want to fix him in a A4 paper in layout which scale should i chose and i worked on full scale 1:1 in the model

Thanks

If you create the viewport in your sheet in paperspace, and double click inside the viewport to activate it, and then zoom extents, it should get you in the ball park for the appropriate viewport scale.

Once you do that you should be able to figure out pretty easily what scale you want to use.

If you create the viewport in your sheet in paperspace, and double click inside the viewport to activate it, and then zoom extents, it should get you in the ball park for the appropriate viewport scale.

Once you do that you should be able to figure out pretty easily what scale you want to use.

It shows the viewport scale of 0.115275 or can i make the drawing in millimeters by scaling them into 1000 and set the viewport scale

That scale is about 1:9, try setting the scale to 1:10, and center it in the viewport, however you want it to display. Once it looks ok, make sure you lock your viewport.

If you are working in metres, it is better to stay in metres and understand how the plotting works.

AutoCAD plots in millimetres, so you have to factor in this 1000 when you are using metres as a drawing scale.

The attached picture shows how an A4 at a scale of 1 to 10000 encompasses a 2km line.

If this is acceptable to you then the viewport scale is 1000/10000 = 0.1

A4-at-10000.PNG