Move Command Appearance

bagheerah

I have updated from autocad 2010 to autocad 2016 and there's one issue I would like to find a solution to.

In autocad when an object is moved it is displayed both in its original position and in the point the cursor is moving to.

In Acad 2010 I could see the original object position because it was shown in dashed lines in their color.

In Acad 2016 that same is shown in a medium grey which is almost the same I use for the background son I can't pretty much see the object, so when I want to move several complicated objects using as reference two of their verteces (for example) I can´t see the destination point since the original objects are almost invisible.

Is there a way to change it to previous display system or at least to change the color of the fading for the original position?

That was my initial thought too but I kind of expected Dadgad to make an appearance and reference some obscure system variable (only he would know) that would solve the problem.:lol:

Thanks, ReMark. I already tried changing the selectioneffects variables and disabling the hardware acceleration and does not seem to work.

It only happens with the move command , as if the program wanted to remind you that that object is no longer going to be there. Good idea, bad result. Not enabling the user to control a display color in autocad is a severe design flaw, in my opinion. 10 years used to a backgrond color and now I have to change it because an effect looks beautiful to some designer...

I'm already giving up trying things and don't think there is a "legacymovecolor" variable to enable.

I believe that is what he was referring to. He is NOT referring to the highlight color though. An entirely different beast.

Ahh, I see. I am of no use then.

That was my initial thought too but I kind of expected Dadgad to make an appearance and reference some obscure system variable (only he would know) that would solve the problem.:lol:

ReMark, I just noticed this, thanks for the vote of confidence, and I did take a look at this issue shortly after it was posted, in 2013, but I could neither find a little known variable to address it, nor a way in Options to remedy this behavior. :beer:

I chose to not report that, as I hoped somebody else might know a way, and I didn't want to poison the well. :huh:

But not for lack of trying. :|