Electrical Template

luke12345

Hi there,

I've been trying to get my head around AutoCAD for a while now and I'm trying to produce a full template that has all the blocks and title pages needed for an electrical installations. I've now got all the blocks I need but I'm having problems setting up the dynamic blocks. Does anyone on here that is experienced with AutoCAD know how to set them up? For the life of me I cant get the text attribute to rotate on the 'outside light' block. When I snap it to a wall the text is the wrong way round!

WALL ITEMS.dwghat I'm hoping to do is finish it and just stick it on here for everyone to use. For some reason I cant find one on the internet.

Hopefully the link works and any help would be great.

I absolutely did not change anything.

I put in the new block with the same name nearby.

sorry i didn't get it.

i'm asking how did u managed to keep the orientation of the text.

I opened the drawing from your post and found that the text maintained it's orientation to the layout as it should. When you create a block and you want to make it a dynamic block everything that is geometry which includes text will be treated as an object. But when you turn your text into annotative text and attributes into annotative attributes then you can do some really fun things. Look at your block in the block editor and you will see that your attribute is annotative. Any annotative objects will maintain their orientation with respect to the x-axis of the layout. If it is not maintaining it's orientation on your machine then you need to check your settings.

Sorry for the non-speedy reply.

I realized why it was driving me mad! It works fine when you rotate it with the rotate parameter but not when you try to align it to something. So yeah it works fine which is good :)

Just out of interest is it possible to get it to rotate while aligning it?