visibilities

bjenk8100

Hello,

Have not been on here in awhile but having to flip flop to different pgrms all the time it seems like. Is it possible to get the points, intersection/midpoints/etc bigger. I went into options could find anything. The cursor is another bug. I am so use to a crosshair but that is what it is in inventor. One other thing, while I am here, snaps are terrible. I understand SW very well and know everything must be fully defined, However, if I make a plane above a plane and want to draw on top of stuff below in SW you can snap on stuff below. That is huge in my experiences. Super annoying in Inventor unless I am missing the place to open all snaps or something. Do not even see a snap area. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I dont mean it snaps to something below and goes in 3d. I mean i can hit a circle below and my circle in plane above would be concentric. Thats SW. I kind of said it confusing up there.

For the cursor all you can do is go Tools > Application Options > General > Annotation Scale. This doesn't increase the cross hair size but does make the small yellow circle and dimension size bigger. Unlike AutoCAD you can't just make the cross hair the entire length of the screen - which personally I don't use and hate (Display tab is also where you can Reverse Direction to change the center wheel zoom orientation, SW & Creo are opposite of Inventor and messes me up).

As for the SW to Inventor... I think your "snap" is what inventor calls "Project Geometry". Draw a sketch or have a feature on plane XZ Origin. Offset from plane at desired distance. Create sketch on new plane. You can Project Geometry from other sketches, points, or parts edges. This will take that geometry and flatten it to the active sketch plane. Pretty much the standard drafting practice with Inventor, you can make funky planes and project points to use with sweep, coil, loft.