Stepping into BIM: some (a lot) questions

freebutterflyx

The way one can work with files is something to consider. My wifi was temporary out so my Revit says : failure / abort!

Not able to save anything anymore, model crash, shuts down program leaving me with a big pile of **** unclear error messsages.

So maybe TZ, you understand that i may find working offline with smaller models not a bad idea for working moral ..

I can understand the position on wanting to work on a single file, detached from a "server file", offline. I can also understand the other position, where connectivity is virtually constant, and true collaborative team workflow, and the majority of companies have a demand for multi-user access to a living model. To reprogram the Workshare feature for the 0.0001% of the users who are single-access users, that need to work offline for a very short amount of time because of a hardware issue just isn't in the program's best interest.

And if you are in fact a single-access user, then don't Workshare the model and problem solved. :)

-TZ

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halam

• tzframpton

• freebutterflyx

• RobDraw

The reason why i have to work with wifi on a project that is on the network is because, as you may know, rvt can break up huge models into worksets, ONLY if you work with rvt as 'central file'. I never understood the logic why this can't be done with none-central saved file.

The reason why i have to work with wifi on a project that is on the network is because, as you may know, rvt can break up huge models into worksets, ONLY if you work with rvt as 'central file'. I never understood the logic why this can't be done with none-central saved file.
You can create a Workshared central model on your local machine. It doesn't have to be on a network at all.

Off course I know this. Saving a central file local creates many other difficulties. Probably bigger treats. Forgot to mention the projects are big and with more designers involved

Off course I know this. Saving a central file local creates many other difficulties. Probably bigger treats. Forgot to mention the projects are big and with more designers involved
Not sure why all the sudden you got snippy. Was just trying to assist by throwing out all possible options. I did not mean to offend. Good day.

-TZ