Civil3d - Pipe linetype flipping

Silvercloak

Maybe someone here can help.

I've been trying to get the linetype in my pipe to display properly. I've tried to manually rotate the pipe so that the D's inside the linetype (-----D------) are oriented correctly.

However, as soon as the pipe is straight up 90 degrees up and down - it flips!!!! So instead my D's are upside down. It doesn't matter if I grab the grips and switch which direction start and end are - as long as the line is 90 degrees the !$@#$% thing is FORCED in the wrong direction.

I remember there was a setting for this SOMEWHERE in Civil3d but I've been digging around and cannot find it.

Can ANYONE help me?

Silvercloak

FWIW this is the actual linetype from the .lin file

*STM-PR,-- -- D -- -- -- -- D -- -- -- -- D -- -- 
A,.1181,-.1181,["D",STANDARD,S=.1,R=0.0,X=-.0303,Y=-.0472],-.1181,.1969,-.0591,.1969,-.0591,.1969,-.0591

I just drew a line left to right D right way up, right to left D upside down. It was a line not a proxy object like a "pipe". If a part of the pipe style look for settings regarding "Orientation reference" "View"

Never does. I ended up creating a linetype that had the letters upside down. Then created a style that uses it for those stubborn pipes that refuse to obey my whims.

• 2 months later...

If you want to show Flow Arrows Use following Linetype :-

*Flow Arrows,Flow Arrows ---->---->----

A,24.5,[ZIG,ltypeshp.shx,r=-90,S=2,X=0.5,Y=2.0],0.5