Using a script file to load a partial customization file

AR_CAD_guy

I've been playing around with script files and encountered something I haven't been able to fix.

I’m having a problem with loading a partial customization file that has customized pull-down menus. When I do it using the CUILOAD command using the dialog box (with FILEDIA set to 1), it loads and shows the new menus as it should. When I do the same thing using the CUILOAD command in the command line (with FILEDIA set to 0), it works also.

However, when I try this using a script file, with the exact same information typed in, it does not work. The partial customization file loads but it does not show the new menus and there is apparently no way to get them to turn on without manually going in and dragging them to the main cui. The address to the customization file above with FILEDIA=0 was copied and pasted from the script file so I know the addresses are exactly the same. Is there some reason that the script file works differently than just typing the commands in the command line? I’ve never seen this happen before so I’m curious whether I’m doing something wrong or whether this is a glitch.

Yes, that is correct. The cui is on a network drive but still it works manually so I don't know why it won't work with the script file. Is there a script-related system variable that needs to be changed? I've tried a lot of ideas and nothing has worked. :-)

No. The same information that is typed in the command line that works is pasted into the line in the script. And yes, "Show Menu Bar" is on also. :-)

Here are the lines in the script file. The CUI file is named Midterm Workspace. There are spaces in the path so it is in quotes. Some of the information has been removed for privacy reasons:

cuiload

"N:\...\Cadd\Files\...\Midterm Workspace"

Just in case anyone is interested, the solution is:

After you load the partial customization file in the script, you then have to change your workspace using the WSCURRENT system variable. Change it to one of the others (like 3D Modeling), then change it back to Drafting & Annotation, set MENUBAR = 1 and voila, the customized pull-down menus are there.

Just FYI.