Drawing view

Jake8090

Could anyone help with some advice please.

I have done a set out drg using sketch on a part file. I have closed the the sketch but am using it just as set out for the project (No extrusions).

I have opened a drg file and tried to place it as the base view in order to print it out, but whilst I get the view box the actual drg is not visible.

I have done the same procedure on the previous project and it worked fine.

Could anyone suggest what may be wrong.

Regards Jake8090

ummm... not sure why you would do it that way but you have to have the view cube the same as where your sketch is. For example if you create a .ipt sketch on the TOP plane you have to put the base view of your .idw to TOP.

You probably have to use the show Model Sketches option on the View. Right click on it in your Drawing tree, you may have to dig down to the part level and do it there, I don't recall off the top of my head.

Many thanks for your replies, The answer was in the orientation of the view cube as suggested by kpyoung333.

Once again thank you all for your help.

Brian