Expert variable

masterfal

I am guessig that you forgot to hit OK at the bottom of the SYSVDLG, after entering your change?

Whoops, I now notice that you may have changed it at the commandline.

You might enter SYSVDLG, and look at it there, try again, and make sure to hit OK once you have changed the value.

What command did you run immediately before you got this message?

Wondering if you might have used the SAVE AS command?

Might this be a glitch in 2017, as I notice that the wording in the popup dialog is different from that described in the EXPERT explanation?

Edited by Dadgad

I notice that the wording in the popup dialog is different from that described in the EXPERT explanation?

That is because the explanation refers to saving a drawing. Saving a block from the block editor is different from saving a drawing. Not sure exactly how, but it is. I noticed it just the other day while trying to straighten out a block with a nested block for a library.

That is because the explanation refers to saving a drawing. Saving a block from the block editor is different from saving a drawing. Not sure exactly how, but it is. I noticed it just the other day while trying to straighten out a block with a nested block for a library.

That was why I was trying to ascertain exactly what command was used before the popup appeared, as it looked like it would only be effective after using the SAVE and WBLOCK commands, thanks Rob. :beer:

Sorry for the slow reply, been away a few days.

The command used was wblock.

So it works on SAVE but not SAVEAS? That doesn't make much sense to me.. when you do a SAVE you don't ever get the prompt regarding confirmation about overwriting do you? (because thats your current file).

I see that message all the time though when i do SAVEAS where i've tried to save it in a location that has a file with the same name

Is what from the block editor?

I'm just trying to use WBLOCK in model/paperspace and can't seem to suppress the overwriting prompts like it says it should. Unless im doing something wrong..

worked it out i think

they should have said (-WBLOCK) not (WBLOCK)

wasted so much time on something so simple! haha oh well

thanks for the assistance :thumbsup: