Massprop

Taper Faces

Move Faces

Delete Face

Shell

Thicken

Thickness

3DFace

3D Objects (not a command as much as a list of "primitives" (ex. - torus, sphere, cone, dome, wedge, etc.)

Revsurf

Tabsurf

Edgesurf

Rulesurf

Revolve

Slice

UCS

Convertosolid

Convertosurface

Xedges

Brep

3DRotate

Clean

Check

You'll also have to become acquainted with system variables like....

Surftab1

Surftab2

Delobj

SurfU

SurfV

Facetres

Facetratio

Isolines

Psolheight

Psolwidth

Facetratio

Solidhist

3DSelectionmode

Cullingobj

Dishsilh

And many others.

Then you'll also benefit from knowing the different methods for extracting 2D geometry from your 3D models. So look into...

Sectionplane

SolProf

Solview/SolDraw

Flatshot

The above lists only scratches the surface of what will be required to master working in the 3D world in AutoCAD and should be considered a partial list at best. I'd suggest viewing online tutorials (both static and video), buying a good after-market AutoCAD book and/or attending a class about AutoCAD 3D at your local AutoDesk reseller.

I'm in a bit of a rush right now. When I have a moment I'll come back and add a few more entries. Gotta go but I'll be back!

An afterthought. Once you learn all of the above you can then turn your attention to applying materials, adding lights, and creating renderings. That's a whole other topic though best saved for another day.

Edited by ReMark

Welcome to CADTutor Navi. :)

That is a pretty comprehensive list for just getting your feet wet. Don't be discouraged, it is not insurmountable.

Start slowly and methodically.

I don't know a couple of those, and I have been using cad for 8 years, and am reasonably competent at creating 3D Solids using Autocad. I know nothing about Surfaces, as I never work with them.

If you are on 2009, open your Modeling and Solid Editing toolbars, and give them a good going over.

Lots of great video tutorials on the Tutorials tab here, and elsewhere on Youtube.

Always read your Commandline prompts, as you will learn a great deal, and begin to see there are lots of options available during modeling.

Good luck!

Edited by Dadgad

is there any website to learn how the commands working ?

i know that commands but i forgot how to use them :(

Kindly suggest me the best video or a profile of related person

thanks !

I went back to my first post and added a few entries (in red).

You can start your education about working in 3D right here at CADTutor by viewing related tutorials. After having done that move on to this website: http://www.we-r-here.com/cad/. It comes very highly recommended. Follow up by viewing some of the hundreds of YouTube videos (the quality of which varies greatly) posted by AutoCAD users from around the world.

One last suggestion. PRACTICE! And when you are done practice some more. That's the only way you'll get good at it.

Edited by ReMark

Hi,

i need some help and commands to start 3d in auto cad kindly give me some commands which are help full to me to use 3d

i m using autocad 2009

Here are a few settings you may want to know about and get setup, or at least explore.

Viewport Controls which can be set to show on your graphics screen in the upper left. Shows you the visual style you are currently using, like 2D, Realistic, etc, and lets you choose others, click on it and pick from the drop down. The other part shows you the various preset views like SE Isometric, Top, etc. Pick on that and a drop down list lets you change to another view. Further left you will see[+], pick on that for a few menu items you may want to use.

UCSicon - always have it on. If it is showing as a stick figure then you are in 2D visual style, if it shows up as a 3D image then you are in a visual style other than 3D. The UCS is selectable, pick on it once and grips appear, grab the origin grip to move the UCS, grab the X grip and you can rotate the UCS to allow you to work on another plane. Find the Dynamic UCS icon at the bottom center of the screen, you can toggle that off or on. On will allow you to draw on a plane as you move your cursor over the object.

Learning to manipulate the UCS is (IMO) one of the main things to learn how to do well in order to succeed at 3D. It is easier now that we have Dynamic UCS (DUCS) but I find I need to manipulate it a lot. The UCS manipulation will help with your 2D drafting a lot as well, so it is worth knowing how to manipulate.

VIEWPORT command to have more than one view of the 3D object, like a SW view, top and front view, etc. As you get more comfortable with 3D you may find you don't use that as much as before.

I would recommend using the Ribbon for 3D work, set the Workspace to 3D and find a large number of the commands easy to locate.

See images attached. I will add one more in another post.

3D options settings.jpg

3D UCS Viewport Controls.jpg

Thanks Alot for given me those suggestions !

ReMark rkent and dadgad

I m highly greatful to all of you

and appriciate your help !

Thanks !

Regards

Navi:)