Properties no longer allows text height definition

For some reason Properties will no longer allow me to to define the text height of selected mtext. "Text height" is greyed out and cannot be selected. So is "Define width." See attachment. Can anyone tell me how to restore this option?

AUTOCAD PROPERTIES.jpg

I am still experiencing this problem, its been going on for about a week. I did not change any settings that I'm aware of, so not sure why this problem just started. Could it be a virus?

As a note, my co-workers can open the files I have worked on and they do not have the same problem.

I tried to wblock out some Mtext to post here and the file size is like 8,000kb doesn't that seem large for about 50 characters?

I am still experiencing this problem, its been going on for about a week. I did not change any settings that I'm aware of, so not sure why this problem just started. Could it be a virus?

As a note, my co-workers can open the files I have worked on and they do not have the same problem.

I tried to wblock out some Mtext to post here and the file size is like 8,000kb doesn't that seem large for about 50 characters?

It certainly does.

I suggest using the commandline -PURGE, purge regapps first, that will probably make a huge difference.

Watch the commandline, or open your commandline history, to see what has been purged.

Then select ALL.

Report back on the new file size, or if it is small enough go ahead and upload it.

Did you create this .dwg, or did somebody else create it?

I am curious if it might have .DGN linetype bloat.

Try as I have, for quite some time, I am unable to recreate the issue you are describing.

You could also edit the MText, so that there is only a single letter left in it. Once you do that perhaps you will be able to copy and paste it into a new blank drawing, and upload it.

Short of seeing the .dwg, I don't know how to help you any more.

Try comparing your STANDARD textstyle definition to that of your coworker, who is not having this issue with the drawing.

can not recreate text problem.JPG

Edited by Dadgad

wblock the entire file and it did remove the linetype bloat and the file is now 77kb.

I purged regapps and all with no help.

It does not matter what file I open, old files, new files, small files, large files all the same result.

text test.dwg

The .dwg you posted seems fine. I was a bit surprised to see that the width of the text is 20', but so be it.

Weighing in at 77kb is certainly a giant step in the right direction.

What template is being used?

Sounds like when you start a QNEW drawing, that you already have this problem, which makes me curious as to your default QNEW template setting.

Start a QNEW drawing, and save it. Then check the size of it, without having done anything in it at all.

This gets overlooked sometimes so I have to mention it just to make sure it is covered, have you restarted the computer?

If yes, then it sounds like a program repair or reinstall is in order.

This gets overlooked sometimes so I have to mention it just to make sure it is covered, have you restarted the computer?

If yes, then it sounds like a program repair or reinstall is in order.

Due diligence Rob, and certainly worth confirming. :beer:

There's gotta be a system variable that controls this. The problem seems to be too specific for it just to be a corrupt programming. When was the last time the computer your working on had an update?

Because you have such large files I am suspecting you may have leftovers from a .dgn file, see the following link.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-C2-AE-dgn-hotfix.html

If you have the hotfix installed then follow the instructions for running the application to purge dgn related deleterious.

Because you have such large files I am suspecting you may have leftovers from a .dgn file, see the following link.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-C2-AE-dgn-hotfix.html

If you have the hotfix installed then follow the instructions for running the application to purge dgn related deleterious.

+1 That sounds right to me too. :beer:

Starting in 2015 version, if I am not mistaken, Autocad can purge them.

I've tried to install this but when I get to the step "Run the DGNPURGE command" I get "unknown command"

FYI: this is AutoCAD 2013 version 19.0.55.0

Should I re-boot between installation and execution?

There are instructions in the Readme file on how to execute the cleanup tool. Did you run NETLOAD first? There is no mention of rebooting in the instructions.

Can we get a copy of one of your drawings exhibiting the problem? Upload it to a file sharing website like DropBox then post a link to it here. Thanks.

Yes on the NETLOAD, I tried to follow the instructions step by step, and there is no mention for a re-boot. This problem affects all files, no matter how large or small or if they are new or old.

Maybe I'll try running through these steps a second time.

I rebooted, I selected UNBLOCK, and this is the error:

Cannot load assembly. Error details: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2013\DgnLsPurge.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)

File name: 'file:///C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2013\DgnLsPurge.dll' ---> System.NotSupportedException: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile)

at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.ExtensionLoader.Load(String fileName)

at loadmgd()