Can't see all lines from DWG to SKP pro?

Aqua123

Hello

I can't see all lines from a floorplan when I import it to SKP pro. I also gte like 3D line object in the floorplan. I tried most of the things and I got a bit far but still I have some problems, How can I fix this problem?

And everytime I open the autocad file it says 'Proxy information and than I have to choose of the 3 options, Do not show proxy graphics, Show proxy graphics or Show proxy bounding box.

Thank you in advance

FloorplanInSketchupPro.docx

If you read the rest of the dialog box for the proxy objects, it tells you what you need and how to get it, namely object enablers.

You do have 3D lines. If you want them to be 2D, try the flatten command.

Sorry, cannot help with SKP.

Well 1st off SketchUp (SU) has never had a good DWG importer and SU by the very nature of what it is cannot handle all of the line types, elements, curves, etc that ACAD can produce. This is just a limitation of the program. Also when I look into your DWG I see 3D elements. Rob is correct, change your view in ACAD to see them. You can also hold the SHIFT key and press the middle mouse button in ACAD for dynamic orbit. I use SU a lot and I only use a DWG as a reference for a design. That means that I always recreate all line work in SU and never use any DWG line work. Now I will use the DWG as a reference to draw on top of with native SU lines. Since you can't lock a layer in SU (how stupid is that?) you have to put all of the DWG items on a layer and then group it all together. Then you can draw on top of this. I know that was a lot but let me know if you still have issues.

Sean

Edited by f700es