PDF Import

I just used the PDF Import feature for the first time. I was a little confused by it but I see potential for it in my drawings. Does anybody else use it and what do you use for?

I use it if we get a drawing from an Architect and they are either slow or refuse to give us the DWG file. It's a little quirky but it works best if it was created using AutoCAD to begin with. If not, it doesn't work real well.

I didn't think at first to use it to convert a floorplan but if I got a vectored pdf then yeah I might try it. Remark that feature imports pdf's as autocad objects not pdf's really kinda cool.

Well the new PDF import features in 2017 are great. If it is a vector PDF and good quality it can almost be CAD quality. I am impressed with the handful of times I have used it.

I had to trim it up a bit so I could upload it. Really impressed with the outcome. This is just as good as the anypdf converter I've been using. It has a few issues with handling some of the text but otherwise works really well with vectored pdf's. I can upload the original pdf if you guys want it to play with.

PDF Import.dwg

I had to trim it up a bit so I could upload it. Really impressed with the outcome. This is just as good as the anypdf converter I've been using. It has a few issues with handling some of the text but otherwise works really well with vectored pdf's. I can upload the original pdf if you guys want it to play with.

You are about right with the fact that it does as well as PDF converters. This is my usual result as well. The nice thing though is that if the layers are stored in the PDF, AutoCAD will recognize them as well.

That file Ski uploaded is pretty great. :)

Nice that some of the Polylines are Closed.

I hate working with PDFs, occasionally need to trace them, and find them incredibly annoying! :beer: