Help with TAGs

Paris Ogden

I am trying to change the attribute tags or values to new values using a scr file and have no luck at all. Any help would be great. Using auto cad lt

example.jpg

Steven-g need Bedit to edit the tag description. Not sure you can call Bedit without it opening the block for edits, meaning no automation. I tried but happy to be shown how.

I found a solution over at Augi for use with a lisp (renameatt "blockname" "oldtag" "Newtag") but request is for a LT solution.

You can also use Refedit but again pops open the block to edit, but as the original block layout rather than as items in a list.

-BIGAL

I'm not sure now on the question, I read it as changing the attribute value based on the tag name which is done using the attedit command, and that can be automated. But it could be read as changing the tag name which is indeed something that needs to be done within the blockeditor, which in LT is not possible to automate - as there is no lisp available. But there maybe workarounds ;).

So as REMark has suggested it would be helpful to have a drawing, and if Paris hasn't got a script then maybe a description of exactly what needs changing, with some examples of before and after.

• 2 weeks later...

So the short of it is The title bar is the part I would like to edit just the values that can be changed in the properties. eg dwg number, version or the date as indicated in the picture with a scr file so I can make the same changes to many documents. I seem to have stuffed up the entire post with the wrong use of terminology

title.dwg

example.jpg

Apparently you are only changing the current displayed values within the attribute field, and not any of the attribute properties.

Oh, you don't have a script, you want some help coming up with one, then.

I personally don't use them nor LISP at all, mostly because I spent 23 years writing computer code and learned to hate it towards the end, but maybe someone can put the following in a script.

You don't have to open the block for attribute edit. Without even selecting the block. hold down the ctrl key while double clicking directly on a specific attribute. Then that particular attribute becomes editable just like a text object.

Now some simple tags may still open the attribute editor rather than behave like text objects. It happens to me occasionally, and I am not sure why. No, wait... I think it is mleaders with a block tag attached. I think it is those that refuse to respond to the ctrl+doubleclick, especially if the last leader has been removed, and it only LOOKS like a tag.

I am not sure a script will speed this up very much. You will still have to indicate which attribute to edit and what to change it to.

One way around this is to "Insert" the title block it will ask for all the attribute values. This is ok for the 1st time.

-INSERT

"Wilmar A2 Title Block"

"0,0"

1 1 0

1st-att

2nd-att

3rd-att

........... tille last

Ok now the easy way use excel to enter your attribute values have the tag names in column A enter new values in Column B but it must have the first few lines -insert etc so attributes start at row 4 then just copy B column and paste to command line, nice thing for multiple sheets just change page number in excel and add a new layout then copy and paste. If you keep a spreadsheet of all your page values the erase title block and re-insert.

using -attedit as a script again I would use excel, problem with attedit is it asks for current string value.