Linking DWG's - hatches follow assigned materials

halam

Hi ,

I'm getting zero results using objects styles. What i need to have is a way work with linked DWG models in a decent fashion that i can make sections. So hatches should follow the assigned material. This should be possible according to the menu's and what i could find on the internet (2010 ?!) But i'm lost in using complex override mechanisms..

Please lead the Revit way and show how this can be done properly (and as promised)..

http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/05/overriding-materials-for-linked-or-imported-files-in-the-host-revit-project.html

Project file

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6-6JB1a0xTccTN4R21jNDJmMFk/view?usp=sharing

dwg layers.jpg

Edited by halam

The workflow that I know of is to create a new Revit model specifically for the use of Linking a 3D DWG. Create an In-Place Generic Model, Link in the file, and click Finish to complete the operation. Now, Link this Revit model into your host model and you can cut no problems. You can assign Cut materials to this in the original Link model, but it'll apply to the entire 3D Solid. So you may be better off using Regions.

And I believe Revit 2017 has an issue with this approach. It doesn't work from what I know. The developer team changed something and the sting has been felt throughout the Revit community. I do deal with 3D Solids very often so I haven't run into this issue yet in 2017. But 2016 and prior versions, it works just fine.

-TZ

All familiar Tannar. So, how good does cutting solids and displaying patterns with .sat files in 2017 work then? just as fine as DWG solids in

All familiar Tannar. So, how does cutting solids and displaying patterns with .sat files in 2017? Probably just as fine as DWG solids in I do not know if .SAT files will stay native. I believe they can be converted directly to native Revit geometry. Have you tried this yet? I think there's either an Import option, or you simply Explode once the .SAT file has been imported.