Extrude, Extrude Faces, Union

joao56777

Hello,

I need some help. please see the document attached, and i need to join all triangules, and than extrude untill the rectangle.

I tried to do but, dont create a solid. What im doing wrong. Could you help me

hioohio.dwg

Were you intending to extrude all the triangles in the same or different directions? What height did you plan on using? Would it be the same for all three triangles or different? Extruding each triangle does yield a 3D solid to begin with. What did you do different?

I extruded all three triangles in the same direction 50mm. This is what I got as a result as seen via the four standard isometric views.

Extruded triangles.jpg

Were you intending to extrude all the triangles in the same or different directions? What height did you plan on using? Would it be the same for all three triangles or different? Extruding each triangle does yield a 3D solid to begin with. What did you do different?

I extruded all three triangles in the same direction 50mm. This is what I got as a result as seen via the four standard isometric views.

[ATTACH]59914[/ATTACH]

What i want is to extrude, to made a Union, to make one solid, and then make the mass properties and achieve the Volume.

The extrude must be done with the extrude (path) to make the extrude in the "Z". My issue is, i can not make a solid because when i made the union, autocad dont let me done this.

I've tried too, with a solid, and the with UCS, and slices cut a big block, with the shape of 3 triangules.

The lengh of extrude is 15. I dont know why the autocad dont let me UNION the three extruded triangles. The gap between 3 triangles, must be cover.

All I did was reorient the UCS then I ran the EXTRUDE command to obtain what you see above. I did not have to specify a path of any kind. I'm sure if I went back I could union all three triangles I created too but that would obviously not make up for any gaps between triangles.

What do the three triangles represent? What are you attempting to create?

• 1 month later...

I am not sure if this relates to the problem but the 3 triangles are done in 3 different UCS plane - when extruding each triangle 15 unit, they extrude perpendicular to the USC they were placed / made (just like what ReMark is showing)

Extruding each triangle in different direction shouldn't stop you from using union command and make one solid

If you want no gap between the triangles then use same UCS to draw all 3 triangles

Hope that helps