Dynamic Block NOTES

BenM

I am still learning the dynamic block procedures and am also limited by running Carlson with embedded AutoCAD 2013 (which frustratingly limits certain actions i.e. no access to fields).

What I want to create is a block that can include certain notes with a drop down. I first thought I could use a simple visibility state for each note, but then realized that the dropdown, if I were to select "Note 2", would then hide "Note 4" even though I would want to include that too.

Is there a way to create this kind of block simpler and having a far less complex and confusing dropdown than just having to make a visibility state for every sequence of notes that I would want? Simply put, a kind of checkbox system?

Thanks,

What is the maximum number of notes you would have on a drawing? Six? Ten? More than a dozen?

If in any given drawing notes are missing would there then be blanks spaces where the notes would have been and if so, how unusual would that be?

I was going to put a simple linear move for each note at the moment to be adjusted up and down as needed. A snap for symmetry would be perfect, but I was going to make due for now. I am working on 5 notes in particular now, but would like to go as high as 10.

Thanks,

Agreed. It's a struggle to see if it will even pay dividends. BUT, now its a puzzle I want to see if can be solved. The lack of use of fields has been what i see as my main hindrance with what I imagine the final product to be but that just makes me want to figure it out all the more unfortunately. Basically, I am reworking our title blocks that change for every project and attempting to streamline the data entry process that at the moment is just editing Mtext while maintaining adjustable format moving the bevy of notes that go along with it. Again, I realize it may be fruitless in the end, but we never used dynamic blocks in the past and now I can't stop creating them for how useful their application is.