Drawing has 3D elements as Lines

Can anyone help with this issue.

We have received a drawing from an architect which has 3D elements drawn as lines.

In similar situations the 3D elements are usually AEC elements which allows me to use AECTOACAD and resolve the problem.

I've also tried flatten but it doesn't change anything.

In plan the drawing looks as I need it however the 3D elements are causing issues when snapping and exporting to DWF.

Anyone have a suggestion to get it all as 0 on the Z axis?

3D.jpg

Could you attach a copy of the drawing to your next post? Someone here will take a look at it.

Just something to try (no guarantee it will work). Select one of the 3D objects, invoke the CHANGE command, select Properties, then use the Thickness option. Set this to "0". What happens?

I guess you did not try my suggestion. Well I did and in some, but not all cases, it works. It mostly seems to work on what I assume to be walls with a height of 2600.00. Use the Change > Properties > Thickness option and set it to "0" and the walls assume their proper position in your 2D drawing. I've yet to look at the windows which I plan on doing next.

BTW...some of the walls list as being lightweight polylines. If you explode them then run the Change > Properties > Thickness option and set it to "0" they too will drop down to where they need to be.

OK...I've looked at the windows which appear to consist of three blocks: AUD19Z1S, AUD37Z1S and AUD40Z1S (sides and bottom) and a pair of 3DFaces (at the top). Depending on how much detail you need to show in the 2D version of a window I'm pretty sure I could get the drawing to a point where every object is 2D and at an elevation of 0.00.

There are a couple of what I believe to be glass partition walls that have one end anchored at elevation 0.00 while the other is at elevation 1000. You have several objects (triangular shaped with a wavy line through them) that appear on the drawing. Perhaps these are to indicate direction of flow from air diffusers? I'd suggest putting these on a separate layer.

The only two problematic areas are room 030 and 036 specifically the exterior windows at the extrusions. Might have to redraw a few lines (nothing major).

Edited by ReMark

The 3dface objects are interesting you can make a new object say 4 lines then erase the 3dface, you would though need to also erase the vertical segments as setting the ends to zero would mean the line has a zero length.

IAcad3DFace: AutoCAD 3dFace Interface

; Property values:

; Application (RO) = #

; Coordinate = ...Indexed contents not shown...

; Coordinates = (-2500.0 6125.0 1000.0 -2500.0 6125.0 2210.0 ... )

I don't think the 3Dfaces really add anything to the drawing if all the OP wanted was a 2D plan view.

No, just something else to clean up imho.