Paperspace dimension issue

abraCADabra

Ok, I know you're not supposed to dim in PS, but that's what my company does, so I have to deal. My issue is, I'm dimensioning vertically, in EVERY viewport, and it works fine. I can dimension in all VPs horizontally, Sans ONE, and it does not register for some reason. I tried to bring in a known, working VP from my .dwt, and verified it worked in the .dwt. I bring it in to my current dwg, and it will not dimension. I tried to Matchprop, to no avail. I can't figure out why the horizontal dims work in all of the other VP's work except this one!! I tried to strike a line and dim that, also to no avail. Im thinking a variable is off in the VP maybe? but I checked DIMASSOC=2 DIMFLAC=1. Is there something I am overlooking? Getting frustrated over here so any assistance is GREATLY appreciated

I don't know who might have told you to never dimension in a paper space layout but they were full of buffalo dung. It is an acceptable practice one our company has followed for years. Consider it an urban myth and discard it.

BTW...even noted AutoCAD author Ellen Finkelstein has discussed dimensioning in paper space on her website. http://www.ellenfinkelstein.com/acadblog/tutorials-dimension-in-paper-space/

As for your problem I'd suggest attaching a copy of the drawing to your next post and someone here will have a look at it.

I was under the idea by what people used to say, that one should NEVER dim in PS. I always dimmd in MS. I cannot attach a copy, as it has proprietary info that cant be shared (company policy) I will read up on that linkthough thanks, and I hope someone can come up with something. Thanks!!