MTEXT Rotates while I edit

I have searched all over for the answer to this but with no success. When I am in my VP and double-click the MTEXT it stays horizontal. Then when I type any letter or spacebar it rotates to East. My VP is rotated with North pointing NW. I have tried MTEXTFIXED I have tried MTEXTFIXED :?. When I try to change to OldEditor it says that it cannot acknowledge the font, which is Hand. Hand is our special type of font that we use. How on earth do I get the text to stay horizontal while editing? I can't remember her name Lynn or something, said that its frustrating standing on your head to edit text. :rofl: As always, any and all help/comments are welcome. Thank you.

Miller

I saw that from one of your old post. I believe it was you that posted this. I tried Each different setting and no success with any setting. Thank you DADGAD

It sounded like you'd been there and done that, but was still worth a shot, not sure why one of these numerous configurations wouldn't get you squared away.

Sorry to hear that it didn't do the trick. :|

It sounds like the UCS is the bug in the ointment, since your viewport is rotated.

Couldn't agree more. It is VERY frustrating :reallymad: Oh well, thank goodness for CADTutor though. Don't know what I would do without you guys helping me out. Thanks again for taking the time to try and assist me boss man. Hopefully someone else has some input on the matter.

Still thinking about this one.

Did you happen to see this, as it may shed some light.

It is from the latest of the similar threads shown at the bottom of this post.

I have noticed 1 other factor in this scenario that I fought for 2years before I figured it out. The Mleader was created while a certain linetype was being used, set linetype to continuous and fixed. Set mtextfixed to 2. I have only had this problem with mleaders though, not just a mtext.

Have you tried reorienting your UCS to compensate for the rotation of the viewport?

Spaj, well done, that certainly sounds promising, I hope it works for Miller.

I hope nobody is offended, I have copied and pasted in the part which seemed the most relevant, from Spaj's link.

naandra

Post 4 of 5

Re: Mtext Editor Rotates mtext from 0 to 270 degrees

01-22-2009 02:26 PM in reply to: roberts189

I had the same problem with mtext rotating 270 degrees. It was in a drawing that had been created in an earlier version of AutoCAD, then opened and saved in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2008. Here's the fix we finally stumbled on:

The mtext was set to style "Standard". The text style Standard was using the font "@Arial Unicode MS". Modifiying the text style to use the "Arial" font fixed the problem.

3 Kudos

Good Morning Guys,

I just got in to the office and saw the email. Thank you for the replies. I will get right back to this as soon as I get this one project out the door that needs to go to the county today. Much appreciated!!! Really excited to try and see if what yall had to say

Just a real quick answer in reference to Dadgad's post about UCS. I have adjusted the UCS to compensate for the rotation of the viewport with no luck.

Just glanced at your post Spaj. Are you saying to change the style to edit then change it back?

• 3 years later...

Hi guys,

I found a resolve for this in another forum. Check the linetype for the layer the text is on. It seems to get wonky when there is a custom linetype.

I switched mine to continuous form a custom water line and it fixed the problem.

Tom

• 2 years later...

Just chipping in my 2 cents worth - after struggling with this hyper-frustrating issue for a couple hours, I discovered a further wrinkle in the non-continuous linetype effect described above and in other forums. As soon as I selected ANY layer with a non-continuous linetype as the current layer (LAYMCUR command), text editing would immediately start behaving wonkily (rotating when  editing) until the LAYMCUR command was undone, or another layer using a continuous linetype was selected as the current layer.

Hopefully this helps someone else down the line!