Text size, multileader - how to set

Bill W

When I set style for text and dimensions, all seems to be going well. Then I create a multileader and the text size, arrowhead, etc is all wrong. When I try to format in the "Leader" style manager, the font size is shown correctly but grayed out. I get a tiny font on my drawing. How can I set the style for leaders?

Thanks

Bill

All wrong? The multi-leader manager has no idea how big you want that stuff to be. There are defaults. You have to change them to what you want.

The text height is grayed out because your text style already has a specific height set for it in the text style manager. That locks it in.

Make another text style or modify the one you already have specifically for leaders and dimensions (not a setting, merely an intention) and name it DIMTEXT or something.

for your DIMTEXT text style, leave the text height at 0 (zero height) in the text style manager. That is the key. If the text height is set at a non-zero height in the text style manager, then the dimension and multi-leader manager cannot override it.

Then, select DIMTEXT when using the dimension and/or multi-leader manager and set the desired text height there. Use the modify button to fix existing multi-leaders or dimensions.

For text styles you want to use only for multi-line text, you can set a hard non-zero text height for them in the text style manager.