Curved region loses its smoothness

S'N'Shall

Hi to everyone!

First of all thnx for your attention. I'm a dummy in autocad so please forgive me if my question is not so clever :D.

I've got a problem. I need to draw an architectural moulding of a historical bridge. So it'll be a moulding which runs all along the marble railing of the brige.

That's why I've chosen to draw a section of the bead to make run all around. It's a closed polyline made of two segments and an arc, to be changed in a region to extrude along a path.

But when it becomes a region, the arc loses its smoothness. I know it could be a display matter. I acted to get a soultion with command like Facetres, Viewres, Options and Display Res., moving res on 2D Wireframe but if I printed it, the region shows to be not smoothed in the curved part.

As you can see I post a file to make it clear.

Thnx in advance for your help!

Have a good day!

S'N'Shall

Senza titolo-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I can't remember off the top of my head but I believe that has to do with modeling and it is a facet setting or something. It controls how many faces are created along an arc. Try searching something like that. It should help I believe.

Miller

I can't remember off the top of my head but I believe that has to do with modeling and it is a facet setting or something. It controls how many faces are created along an arc. Try searching something like that. It should help I believe.

Miller

Dear Miller!

First of all thnx so much for your attention! But as I told you, I've already tried with Facetres, but nothing happens at all. So I cannot find any solution at my problem.

Anyway ...please tell me any other idea. And thnx so much again for your attention!

Steph

Dear ReMark,

probably you were right telling Miller was talking about thata. Bur unfortunately already tried...

Do you suggest any other solution? Thnx in advance for your help!

Greets,

Steph

If the drawing file size is preventing you from attaching a file to your post then the next best option would be to upload the drawing to a file sharing website like DropBox and post a link to it here.

If you start an entirely new drawing can you replicate the problem you pictured above?

Hi JD,

thnx for your request and your attention! As you asked to me I uploaded the file.

I'm sorry if I'm very late beacause of some extraCad problem, so please forgive me and thnx so much for your kindness!

regards,

Steph

Attempt.dwg

Can you attach the actual *.dwg file here rather than just an image?

Hi JD,

thnx for your request and your attention! As you asked to me I uploaded the file.

I'm sorry if I'm very late beacause of some extraCad problem, so please forgive me and thnx so much for your kindness!

regards,

Steph

Attempt.dwg

I can't get it to be any smoother than it already is. I tried FACETRES which is the recommended procedure which is basically the same as Options > Display > Display resolution > Rendered object smoothness. BTW...VIEWRES is not the answer either. What does it look like when printed?

If the drawing file size is preventing you from attaching a file to your post then the next best option would be to upload the drawing to a file sharing website like DropBox and post a link to it here.

If you start an entirely new drawing can you replicate the problem you pictured above?

Hi ReMark!

I'm sorry! It didn't make me upload because of an internet connection problem. I apologize. Thnx very much for helping me!

Very kind of you all.

Regards,

Steph

I can't get it to be any smoother than it already is. I tried FACETRES which is the recommended procedure which is basically the same as Options > Display > Display resolution > Rendered object smoothness. BTW...VIEWRES is not the answer either. What does it look like when printed?

The same way it shows in the model. Not smotthed as in the model unfortunately.

Attempt-Layout1.pdf

Attempt-Layout2.pdf

OK....you can stop now. The problem is that your geometry is so small AutoCAD cannot proper display a smooth curve. Do this little experiment. Scale the object 100 times then view it in the same manner as you did when it was much smaller. You should notice that the curve is much smoother.

OK....you can stop now. The problem is that your geometry is so small AutoCAD cannot proper display a smooth curve. Do this little experiment. Scale the object 100 times then view it in the same manner as you did when it was much smaller. You should notice that the curve is much smoother.

But they're only 8cms side. Is it already too small to create this kind of scale problem? :o

I think you've had too much coffee today. Calm down and stop double posting. It is what it is. Period. Did you, or did you not, do a test print? If so, what does the output look like?