Might not be possible... "counter rotate" elements of a block?

jjatho

I've uploaded an example of what I'm trying to do to Dropbox since it was too large to attach:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6q82ruf5f9la5xf/Derrick%20Example.dwg?dl=0

Long story short, the object in the drawing is the elevation view of a component of a crane, known as a derrick. I would like to be able to create a rotation parameter, centered on (0,0), that would allow me to rotate the derrick from the postion on the left to the position on the right.

The catch is, I would want all of the objects in magenta to not rotate. Obviously this would be easy for the crosshair at the base, as I could simply not select the two lines when setting the objects for the rotation parameter.

The hard part will be the crosshair and text at the tip of the derrick. I'd want them to move with the point they are at, but not rotate. Basically keeping the same orientation in the drawing.

Any one have any ideas? Is this even possible?

Pivot Section.dwg

I've had some success, as the file here works properly if I use the rotation parameter, but I find that using the ROTATE command on this same block screws it all up.

I'm guessing that there's no way to have both the rotation parameter and the ROTATE command produce the same effect as far as the objects in magenta staying aligned to the X axis?