Stopping Fields From Updating

Lawrst

Other than using Fieldeval, is there a way I can stop a field from updating?

So for an example.

I wanted to build a drawing set and have a field looking at a filename.

Once the drawings are finished and the dwg has been sent to a customer (once it is an 'as built') I want the fields to remain the same, regardless of the location the file has been put.

Is this possible?

Thanks, I knew about exploding the text. But alot of my stuff has been setup in blocks. Its quite a tedious process to convert all those fields to text over 100s of drawings. Negating any benifits of the fields.

Well it depends on the output, i was just trying to give a basic example.

We do drawing sets of electrical Schematics for large control systems. I'm currently prepping for a repetitive job of over 500 sheets and fields will be quite prevalent. So your solution wouldn't work, if i had been doing 5-10 drawings it would be have been workable.

I think batching the system variable might be the best option.

Unfortunately my company only has LT, so I'm limited to third party options that use a batch from the command line.

Very strange request, we have a field referencing the file name and location in the title block of all our drawings so anyone who plots it out can always find it at a later date from the plot. I'd like anyone the drawing is shared with to have the same advantage.

I agree that is a useful application, but its not required with our drawings.

I would like to use that for other purposes, but will see how we go. :)