CUI - Mouse Button modify

Dj_T_Rex2002

Hi, I would like to know if there is a macro for Shortcut Menu? I would like to modify Button 3 (Transparent Orbit as of now) to be my Shortcut Menu. I use Mouse 2 as my Enter button so it is unchecked in the User Preferences. Thanks in advance.

If you are unfamiliar with it, you might want to check out time-sensitive right-click.

It enables you to combine the ENTER command, and or, access the Shortcut menu easily on the fly.

consider using time sensitive right click.jpg

Over the years I got used to using the right click button for ENTER. But I would like to modify the CUI to see if I can modify the Mouse Buttons>Button 3 to be the Shortcut menus like when you Right click a wall and it gives you the options to Edit wall style, or Edit object display, etc. ... I tried to attach a picture here but it won't let me do it

• 4 weeks later...
Over the years I got used to using the right click button for ENTER. But I would like to modify the CUI to see if I can modify the Mouse Buttons>Button 3 to be the Shortcut menus like when you Right click a wall and it gives you the options to Edit wall style, or Edit object display, etc. ... I tried to attach a picture here but it won't let me do it

CUI → Mouse Buttons

Click

Shift+Click

Ctrl+Click

Ctrl+Shift+Click

If you are unfamiliar with it, you might want to check out time-sensitive right-click.

It enables you to combine the ENTER command, and or, access the Shortcut menu easily on the fly.

I did what you showed in the pic but it only drags the object rather than displaying the menu

I did what you showed in the pic but it only drags the object rather than displaying the menu

Quick click for Enter and slightly longer click for the menu. You can set the delay in milliseconds. Don't drag the mouse! They added it as a feature to move objects, but not many care for it.

2nd that! I've had it on since it was introduced.

Ok what I am trying to do is bring the object selected right click option. If you set the "Right-Click Customization" to Shortcut Menu on all, then select a wall and right click it bring an option to be able to modify that wall. That's why I said that it drags cause I select the object and then hold right click and does nothing. I want to bring that object's menu ... wish I could insert a picture but every time I hit the "upload file" it doesn't do it

Ok what I am trying to do is bring the object selected right click option. If you set the "Right-Click Customization" to Shortcut Menu on all, then select a wall and right click it bring an option to be able to modify that wall. That's why I said that it drags cause I select the object and then hold right click and does nothing. I want to bring that object's menu ... wish I could insert a picture but every time I hit the "upload file" it doesn't do it

As long as "Shortcut menus in drawing area" and "Turn on time-sensitive right-click" are checked they should function fine. You can add Shortcut Menus, but they are for an AutoCAD object like Line, Arc, or LWPline. There are also Shortcut Menus for multiples of the same object as well since many options for multiple objects are different than you have for a single one.

Is the "wall" you mentioned a line, polyline or some other object?

I use AutoCAD Architecture 2015 so it's a wall... I guess it's a 3D wall

Shortcut Menus are for AutoCAD objects only, not intelligent objects. Haven't used that software, but shouldn't there be a "Contextual Tab State" set up to handle that?

I use AutoCAD Architecture 2015 so it's a wall... I guess it's a 3D wall

It would be helpful, if you could change the software in your Profile, to USING Autocad Architecture 2015. :)