Help: Drew in Isometric, not Top. Need Help orienting drawing to Top View.

neondeon298

Hey,

So a co-worker started a drawing and he drew it in isometric (attempting to make a 3D pipe but he only has LT version). Now that the drawing is in my hands I want to reorient the drawing so that Top Orientation is "flat" view.

I've tried 3Drotate command but sadly the dimension lines aren't following there points.

Anybody know a command or method to make the drawing be "Top" and not SW Iso?

You can take the top isoplane objects and make a block, now scale Y by the square root of 3, or 1.73205080757. Rotate that block -45 degrees.

After making the block, open properties, X, Y, and Z should be 1. Change Y to 1.73205080757

You can take the top isoplane objects and make a block, now scale Y by the square root of 3, or 1.73205080757. Rotate that block -45 degrees.

After making the block, open properties, X, Y, and Z should be 1. Change Y to 1.73205080757

+1 Secret Handshake, the Kludge Meister has spoken! :beer:

+2 rkent

It would be nice to see how the drawing was created, we don't need the whole drawing just the "isometric" part copied into a blank drawing file would help someone see what is going on in the drawing

Well I took remarks suggestion and just redid the drawing. Fortunately it wasn't too far along and I get to make it based on my formatting. Steven-g my coworker had copied a previous drawing of mine to use as a template. Well since we use different versions his didn't recognize that the last model space I was in was SW Isometric. So he just went to drawing as if nothing was different. So he basically drew a 2D Top "Plane" in the Isometric "Plane". :facepalm: Thanks for all the help everybody.

neondeon298 - If that is the case then changing back to top view should have been all that was required, unless I am not following what you are saying. He wasn't in an isometric plane, just an isometric view of the top view.

neon: And that's why we ask for actual drawing files so we can see for ourselves what the true nature of the problem really is. Sometimes a drawing is worth a thousand words.

Glad you got it sorted, but if it was just drawn with a different UCS then there was no need to redraw just copy everything whilst in the iso UCS then change to world ucs and paste, and then delete the first one (or cut and paste).

As far as I know, the Iso views are not a different plane. They are on the x-y plane. They are just a convenient construct with a 30 deg or 60 deg "Ortho" lock, and a fake ucs icon. One can change views all day and get nothing but a twisted up view of the original.