Multiple paper space in layout...(print)

Car9

how can i have multiple paper space in my layout?? because when i try to print my drawing only one is being printed.... in my attachment the one being print is the one that have white background... it is because it has a paper space? and the others dont have??...:?

rc1.jpg

• Like 1

It appears that all 8 of your drawings have been put on the same (paperspace) layout tab, and your physical paper size only fits the first one. This is not how it is done at all.

It also appears that your layout is defined properly with the paper fitting just the one borderline/title block. The other seven are merely outside of the paper edge. Once you get the seven extra drawings off of it, zoom extents will show you what your page will look like.

Each of those 8 drawings should be still in modelspace and placed on its own separate layout tab, scaled through a viewport that fits within the borderline/title block. A copy of the borderline/titleblock should be in paperspace, one to each layout tab.

Also, it is standard procedure to keep all of the same type of view at the same scale. I see that the two side elevations are scaled differently than the front and rear elevations. All the elevations should be at the same scale, in which case both side elevations may even fit on the same page (layout tab). Keeping them the same scale allows the viewer to more easily conceive of the relationship between all the elevations.

If you don't know how to create new layouts, and then copy/paste the other seven views to the seven new layout tabs, I am not prepared to explain it in great detail right now. I have to go do weekend stuff. You will have to make use of clicking the little tab to the right of the existing layout tab to make a new one, and using CLIPBOARD > Copy with basepoint then CLIPBOARD > PASTE to get the seven views onto the new layout tabs one at a time. Once you have your other seven layouts set up just like the existing one, you can erase the seven extraneous drawings from this one. Use the lower left corner of each separate drawing as your copy basepoint, and then paste to 0,0 on the new layout tabs.

You can also right click the existing layout tab and use MOVE OR COPY, checking off "create a copy" as you do, to create new layout tabs, BUT you already have seven extra views on this one. This procedure will copy EVERYTHING to the new layout, so you would have to erase the ones you don't need from each new one, then move the needed one to 0,0 on the layout.

Once you have 8 separate layout tabs, right click them and RENAME them something relevant and sequential.

Edited by Dana W

We had an Architect that used to do her layouts this way, so she that she kept an overview of all the layouts in one place, I never did ask how she went about printing them, (I mean did she have macro's) You need to set the offset in the print dialogue box and this determines which viewport is printed, presumably they are all set at the same distance apart.

Steven-g you can do something in lisp as each page is contained within a title block you can search for the title block and set the plot page window, I posted this code for Model space title blocks years ago. With LT you could set up a Excel script as the title blocks are hopefully evenly spaced.

BUT we do 1 layout one sheet ! One guy here frustrates the hell out of me by doing multi sheets on a layout when all our plot routines are automated.

@BIGAL, yeah I could never get on with it, but I could see some sense in having everything where you can see it all, I prefer each layout on it's own tab

Maratovich

you need a program for batch printing
read my post again see code below and comment re doing it with LT by using excel to replicate lisp below.

; plot all title blocks in model space
(PROMPT ".....PRINTING DRAWING TO plotter....")
(setq oldsnap (getvar "osmode"))
(setvar "osmode" 0)

(setq ss2 (ssget "x" '((0 . "INSERT")(2 . "Da1drsht")(410 . "Model"))))
(setq n (sslength ss2))
(setq index 0)
(repeat n
   (setq en (ssname ss2 index))
   (setq el (entget en))
   (setq inspt (assoc 10 el)) ; insertion pt
  (setq xmin (- (cadr inspt) 6.0))
  (setq ymin (- (caddr inspt) 6.0))
  (setq xymin (strcat (rtos xmin 2 1) "," (rtos ymin 2 1)))
  (setq xmax (+ xmin 813.0)) ; hard coded for 813 wide 6mm offset
  (setq ymax (+ ymin 566.0)) ;hard code for 566 high
  (setq xymax (strcat (rtos xmax 2 1) "," (rtos ymax 2 1)))

(COMMAND "-PLOT"  "Y"     "" "//PROD-5100"
       "A3" "M"     "LANDSCAPE"   "N"
       "W"   xymin   xymax "1=2"  "C"
       "y"   "Designlaser.ctb"      "Y"   "" "n"   "n"
       "y" 
   )

(setq index (+ index 1))
)
(setvar "osmode" oldsnap)
(princ)

I surmise that one could have manually created 7 blank layouts and copy pasted views 2 - 8 onto them in about 5 minutes or less.

I think this drawing has perplexed the OP, and they are confused about how paperspace is managed because they are quite new at it.

We may never know. It's been more than 36 hours now without a response.

I surmise that one could have manually created 7 blank layouts and copy pasted views 2 - 8 onto them in about 5 minutes or less.

I think this drawing has perplexed the OP, and they are confused about how paperspace is managed because they are quite new at it.

We may never know. It's been more than 36 hours now without a response.

This could also be done by right clicking on the Layout Tab, and using the Move or Copy option, from the displayed menu, as shown in the screenshots.

Obviously it would need to be done multiple times in this case.

Move or Copy selected layout.JPG

Copying a layout tab.JPG

This could also be done by right clicking on the Layout Tab, and using the Move or Copy option, from the displayed menu, as shown in the screenshots.

Obviously it would need to be done multiple times in this case.

Yeah, but you'd have all eight pages on the copies too.

So to not to modify the drawing just to do a print you can do a Print and select Window and draw a window around Title Block #1 and Print, then again do a Print and select Window and draw a window around Title Block #2 and Print, then again do a Print and select Window and draw a window around Title Block #3 and Print, and so on until all are printed.

That seems to me the easiest to just print.

The best way would be to have each in their own tab.

It is amazing that there are so many ways to get from A to Z in CAD.

One sheet per layout then use the PUBLISH command to print the entire set. If you are going to do a job it pays to do it right in the first place. Starting off using bad habits will only cause you headaches and frustration down the road and will drive other CAD users you share those drawings with insane.

So to not to modify the drawing just to do a print you can do a Print and select Window and draw a window around Title Block #1 and Print, then again do a Print and select Window and draw a window around Title Block #2 and Print, then again do a Print and select Window and draw a window around Title Block #3 and Print, and so on until all are printed.

That seems to me the easiest to just print.

The best way would be to have each in their own tab.

It is amazing that there are so many ways to get from A to Z in CAD.

Windowing doesn't account for scale unless one prepares a rectangle exactly the correct size in advance on the layout frame.

Yeah, but you'd have all eight pages on the copies too.

Bingo Dana, I just thought it might be an easier place to start, but your approach cuts right to the chase. :beer:

You had mentioned that perhaps the OP was overwhelmed, and this way seemed rather low impact, for a newbie.

Once they are all on the layout, it is pretty easy to Move them all, so that the one you want is at 0,0 , then delete everything else.

Edited by Dadgad

If the model is a lot of rectangles of windows - this is not a problem.

We all draw a lot of windows in a single space.

It's easy to find the right place in the drawing.

We use automatic printing using a special program. She finds the window box, select the printer adjusts the scale and other settings, and then print.

We were so comfortable.

One sheet per layout then use the PUBLISH command to print the entire set. If you are going to do a job it pays to do it right in the first place. Starting off using bad habits will only cause you headaches and frustration down the road and will drive other CAD users you share those drawings with insane.

Absolutely! We see so many posts about getting some convoluted plotting system to work when simply doing it the right way works every time. If someone need help doing it the right way I'd be glad to help.

• 4 years later...
On 12/11/2016 at 7:47 PM, Car9 said:

how can i have multiple paper space in my layout?? because when i try to print my drawing only one is being printed.... in my attachment the one being print is the one that have white background... it is because it has a paper space? and the others dont have??...:?

rc1.jpg

Sir, any one have lisp program to make separate own layout tabs,

Like in this image show, I want to make separate layout tabs for each.

Now all in one, I need separate own layout tabs.

Thanks

8 hours ago, Ish said:

Sir, any one have lisp program to make separate own layout tabs,

Like in this image show, I want to make separate layout tabs for each.

Now all in one, I need separate own layout tabs.

Thanks

Find out who created that mess and slap them silly till they promise to never do it again!

Then duplicate that layout erasing all but the first layout. Create a new Page Setup that plots extents centered adjusting X as needed for it to plot correctly.

Slap them silly again!

Keep duplicating erasing and setting each of them to that same Page Setup until you have a seperate layout tab for every sheet that needs to be plotted.

Slap them silly again!