architjoe73

I am using smart walls and have a layer for demo and new walls

I am using all on one floor plan. when I freeze the demo layer the

new wall crossing over the frozen demo layer still breaks the new wall

and is not shown unit it crosses back over the demo layer

what is the setting to fix this

thankyou

Welcome to the CADtutor forum. :)

FYI - In the future you might want to consider posting to the AutoCAD Vertical Products forum seeing how you are using AutoCAD Architecture 2017 and not plain AutoCAD.

I am using smart walls and have a layer for demo and new walls

I am using all on one floor plan. when I freeze the demo layer the

new wall crossing over the frozen demo layer still breaks the new wall

and is not shown unit it crosses back over the demo layer

what is the setting to fix this

thankyou

Not sure what a "smart wall" is, but if you're using AutoCAD Architecture it's probably the AEC Wall tool. If this is true, these AEC Objects aren't completely layer-dependent. You may want to consider using the Demolition tool, since it plays better with AEC Objects (aka "smart walls").

Info here:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-architecture/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-set-up-demolition-and-revision-Views-in-AutoCAD-Architecture-or-AutoCAD-MEP.html

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-architecture/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2017/ENU/AutoCAD-Architecture/files/GUID-34250742-1584-4319-8070-36B76781F020-htm.html

Select the walls that you want to adjust the wall clean up. Look in the Properties Pallette under General. Look down for Clean Up Automatically and select No. This should turn off clean up just for those walls. You make have to do some funky work at the ends of these walls if they interact with other walls as now these walls will no longer cleanup at all.

wall%20cleanup.gif