basic help

Dad

I did try the circle command but I couldn't achieve any consistency or they would shift.

If two circles share the same Radius, they are the same.

I'm guessing that doesn't come as a big surprise.

Once you have created one, you can use the COPY command to sort of replicate them around, wherever you want them.

In certain situations, you might choose to use the ARRAY command, which would create a group of them, likely oriented to a grid, or along a line.

Sorry I couldn't help you more, as I am bored to tears at the moment, and it is 3:00 in the afternoon here. :beer:

Clearly, if you bought a book to try to learn this, you hoped to succeed.

If the book isn't doing it for you, there are a number of very good tutorials here on CADTutor, on the TUTORIALS tab.

But I am still quite partial to the link I posted for you earlier.

The lessons are very accessible, and logically conceived to efficiently teach a newbie the basics, very quickly, if taken sequentially.

Edited by Dadgad

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dad

• Dadgad

• ReMark

• RobDraw

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to help us better understand what it is you are attempting to draw then attach an image of the project/assignment to your next post. If you have access to a copying machine that has a built in scanner then you can create a PDF file and attach it to a subsequent post. Or you can run down to the nearest Staples or Office Depot store and ask them to do the scan for you.

Remember...a picture is worth a thousand words.

I heard privately from the OP and he is no longer interested in pursing this topic. Out of respect for his situation I won't go into the reason why he posted in the first place or what prompted him to change his mind. Just to be clear it had nothing to do with any of the responses he got here.

Edited by ReMark

Thanks again for those of you who offered help.

There are pretty much only two reasons we all come here, to learn or to help.

If we CAN ever be of assistance, don't hesitate to come back.

Happy holidays to you and yours. :)