Annotative Text always bolder then paper space text

neondeon298

Using 2017. I think it is safe to assume that because I use annotative scaling for my text in viewports (trying to keep all text at 0.1" tall on actual paper) that it is causing this issue... but every text (whether dimension or mtext) is bolder then my text on paper space.

Is there a tweak to correct this? Elevations are all 0. No it is not selected Bold and I am using Tahoma and the same exact Text Style (probably the issue, pixels can't print correctly using this font).

Ultimate goal is for all text to be the same paper height no matter what scale the viewport is set at. I don't wanna change fonts because my manager will lose her ****. So if there is a way to make sure all text prints at the same height without using annotative scaling then please let me.

I've attached an example but I had to delete a lot of proprietary stuff.

Cadtutor Drawing 1.dwg

You could simply put all dimensions and text in your layout and leave only the geometry in model space.

What do the model and layout text look like when printed?

I wanted to do that myself. But my company doesn't like that. When I print you can see a difference between text that was in model (scaled in paper due to annotation) and text that was placed only in paper space. Paper is more clean, where as model seems to resemble an anti-alias issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I see where your using annotative text in paper space but the text in model space is not annotative. The whole purpose of annotative text and objects is to maintain a consistent in paper space when you place annotations in model space. I messed around with the drawing and came to no conclusions as of yet (autocad crashed because of multiple viewport on one page, it's me not you) might be because of resolution or the fact that scaling up text has that effect on it not sure.

One option would be to experiment with tweaking the text widths and offset distances (if mtext). So you could at least somewhat simulate the standard non-annotative tahoma text.

If you're using a CTB (color-dependant) plot style you could also customize the CTB so it doesn't plot a specific text color quite so thick (and make annotative text that color).

In more straightforward terms, the end-result can more closely match the non-annotative text elsewhere in your drawing so it doesn't look like it's bold/darker than the rest.

So if the bug is the cause, there are probably ways to at least work around it a little bit.

Also make sure you don't have additional lineweights added to your text in the properties. I doubt it would be an issue but who knows? Might be something to check.

-ChriS