Break out in Inventor 2017

IronHorse

I want to break out the two layers of lining in this kiln. Only to leave steel. But If I choose steel to not participate in section all steel show immediately since this view actually is also a section. How do I solve that, I must section in order to see inside.

Kiln.jpg

Section view > slice option?

Cut away view?

It depends how you built the model. Are the kiln walls separate parts or a multi body?

Lining is one part, multibody two solids Steel is one single part. All is round

off the top of my hand i can't remember if its possible but in the IPT file can you save a "view representation" ? this would be a section view that you could then use in the drawings. Then you only need to do the break out view? I am still waiting for my license of inventor or i would be able to play with it and answer a bit better.

off the top of my hand i can't remember if its possible but in the IPT file can you save a "view representation" ? this would be a section view that you could then use in the drawings. Then you only need to do the break out view? I am still waiting for my license of inventor or i would be able to play with it and answer a bit better.

I tried different representations with no luck, If I make a hole in my lining I need to choose on drawing If I want with or without that hole. But I did not suceed to Control "supressed feature" with this? Maybe some other obvious way :-)