error in dimension text after moving or copy or scale drawing

structo

Hi friends,

i have fave one problem, dimension text was automatically changed if i do move, or copy or scale. why this is happening? how to fix this error without changing text? please guide me. please have a look at sample drawing.

Thank you.

Error in dimension.dwg

Could it be related to the fact you used an imperial units based template but your dimensions are in metric?

hi friend,

of course, but i need no change after moving drawing. how it is possible?

Thanks

You have copied from another file, he was previously in inches.

Paste into a new file, metrics, and now the error.

Attach a file inches.

Need a source file.

I saw a file in post 1, to solve the error - need the original.

file in the post 1 - everything you need to increase to 1.27

How do you determine that? I'm curious how that's done.

Simple. Run the -DWGUNITS command then press Enter. Look at the command line and read what it says.

One option to convert the drawing from imperial units to metric units would be to use the -DWGUNITS command. This however will affect everything in the drawing (ex. - dimensions).

The quality of the drawing leaves much to be desired. For example, dimensions appear on two different layers: DIMLINES and GENERAL.

I've attached a copy of a drawing that uses a metric template file (acadiso.dwt). While it is not exactly as I would do it the drawing basically reflects what the OP first posted. -DWGUNITS was set to use meters.

Dimension errors - fixed.dwg

Edited by ReMark

The quality of the drawing leaves much to be desired. For example, dimensions appear on two different layers: DIMLINES and GENERAL.

I've attached a copy of a drawing that uses a metric template file (acadiso.dwt). While it is not exactly as I would do it the drawing basically reflects what the OP first posted. -DWGUNITS was set to use meters.

[ATTACH]60221[/ATTACH]

thank you friend,

what is the step by step procedure to achieve correct dimensions, which corrected drawing attached by you.

thank you.

The only thing I retained in your original drawing was the geometry; I deleted the dimensions. After using the -DWGUNITS command and setting it to meters I scaled up the geometry by a factor of 50 then I created a new dimension style and put all dimensions on one layer. I kind of guessed at some of the dimstyle settings since I don't work in metric.