2017 Service pack hotfix update 1

halam

I use 3d very often and noticed 2017 stalls more, especially switching between views / Windows / 2d to 3d. That is Besides the crashes, which happend on avarage i think once a day. I think it is normal for a heavy autocad user. What about You Remark?

No such experience here. While I admit to having crashed 2017 it has only happened when I've been converting .dwgs to .dgn files for our new civil engineer. While my day-to-day work is mostly 2D piping and instrumentation diagrams I have created 3D solid models for several large chemical storage tanks and a cooling tower pump shed and AutoCAD did not crash. It could be your system is more prone to crashing than mine for reasons other than to do with AutoCAD itself.

Many other factors indeed. I think my data is very often 'not AutoCAD' friendly. SAT Inventor and IFC Revit export give my machine a hard time (remember our little block discussion on complex bodies). 65 Mb for only one submodel can be causing some stalling. However, my windows never crashes.. Any improvement on stability is more than welcome for me..!

Fortunately these days a problem in any one program seldom causes Windows to lock up as well and we can resort to using the Task Manager to shut down the offender. When I referred to the system possibly being at fault I was speaking of the hardware mainly but keep in mind aggressive antivirus programs have been known to play havoc with AutoCAD. Just what are your hardware specs or have I asked that question before? I don't see them listed below your forum name. You can easily view mine by clicking on Computer Details. My system will be a full five years old come April 2017. If it can run AutoCAD 2017, such as it is, anyone with a system that is newer and on par (or better) than mine should have smooth sailing in my opinion unless they are careless with what they put on their computer.

With all respect.

I don't want to go that road to analyse my personal hardware with You Remark.

In general retrospective .. i am more interested in the automatic respons to install new updates (after a crash, CER reports) is still working...(?)

What's the big secret? Many CADTutor forum members have discussed the pros/cons of system specs over the ten years I have been here. What makes your "personnel hardware" so special you can't share the specs with us? Are you a top secret operative for some offshore shadow government looking to take over the world? That was a joke by the way in case you don't quite get my humor.

All my computer systems (two desktop & a laptop) function smoothly and as expected.

BTW....invariably any discussion of system crashes will eventually bring up the question "What are your system specs?" along with "What programs are you running?" If members of this forum or any other forum where computers and software are discussed in some manner won't answer one or both of those questions then the odds of solving the problem are going to be pretty low.

You seem to missing my point (updates in General) check the earlier post. I did mention it is a company z book hp whatever series from 3years old for 'bim work'..

And you, mine.

I have had no real problems with AutoCAD 2017 that weren't self-inflicted (i.e. - OIE - Operator Induced Errors). You, on the other hand, have admitted to having problems which, unless you are just reckless, may have their root cause in either the hardware you are running and/or the software you are using. Since you don't seem prone to full disclosure then the chances of solving your problem(s) is slim to none. If that's OK with you then it's OK with me. I'm blissfully sailing along without a care in the world as far as AutoCAD goes. You, on the other hand, can't say as much. Carry on my good man.