Dynamic block ON/OFF printing of the Attribute

rusi55

Hello guys,

I am trying to increase performance of my work by making some dynamic blocks, unfortunately I have faced a wall :/

I want to make a block with an option to make ONE of it's attribute printable/unprintable (By unprintable I mean for it to be like on defpoints layer), without "hiding" the rest of the block.

I tried the "easy way" by changing the layer of the block (in blockeditor everything except THE attribute on specific layer, THE ATTRIBUTE - "0") but then when I switched in model layer to defpoints it doesn't print this block at all.

I tried also adding a visibility state, but it looks like it doesn't work well when there are multiple entities of the same attribute (in other visibility states) in one block definition.

Is there a way of changing a layer of element for example in lookup parameter?

Or maybe somebody can come up with other solution?

Regards

rusi55

Put the attribute on it's own layer and turn that layer into a non printing layer in the layer manager.

Change the properties of the attribute to be invisible.

A visibility state should work, but this statement looks worrying,

I tried also adding a visibility state, but it looks like it doesn't work well when there are multiple entities of the same attribute (in other visibility states) in one block definition.

It's a flaw in Autocad you are allowed to create multiple attributes with the same tag name in a block definition without getting an error message, but Autocad will only recognise one of them and throws up errors, thats why you should always use unique tag names within a single block definition.

If you still have problems it will be easier to help if you can post a copy of the block, showing which attribute is causing the problem.

Thanks for your reply steven-g,

Unfortunately either I don't understand it or you omitted one important thing for me: I need an option to switch on/off printing of the attribute. I mean for some entities I want it to be printable and for others - not (however I'd like them to be showing in both states).

If i understand your solutions well, then all entities of that block would react the same way at once (by switching printing option of particular layer in layer manager).

The second solution - making the attribute invisible - well if it could be done by switching on/off (visible/invisible) for each block individually it could work, ideally I'd rather see the attribute all the time, just have an option to "move it to defpoints layer" (or other solution which would make the same effect).

As you asked, I attach file with my block.

Ideally I want for attributes "KABEL_RDZEN" & "KABEL_NR" to be unprintable in "BEZ_OZN" visibility state.

Looking forward your advice guys, and MERRY CHRISTMAS :)

example.dwg