Catalog of a pdf drawings

samifox

Hi

i wasn't sure where i should post this discussion but anyway i hope its on the right place and users can get some knowledge out of it.

i had scanned drawings i made over the years as a multi-pages pdf file, i did it because i can use them all for my current projects. just have to find an efficient searching method to locate what i need faster.

now i need a way to associate keywords to individual pages so when im searching something i can get the relevant pages,

or example, if i had pdf full of cars pictures, i want to be able to search my pdf for "car,red,sunroof,ABS" and have all the corresponding pages to display

looking to get even better ideas

THanks

This can be done, but you need a lot of time.

Create a program for processing PDF

On each page of PDF to create description.

Inspection and testing ...

It's too expensive.

It is better to create a separate file. File name - the string to search for. Search as a standard Windows

It would take a high level program to look for "Car" within the compressed binary PDF file.

Maybe it exists what did google reveal ?

It revealed this and it works pretty fast.

http://www.wikihow.com/Search-for-a-Word-or-Phrase-in-a-PDF-Document

i dont need the program to analyze the image for me, i simply want to add keywords to each page. thanks for the link fut it doesnt make much sense with images.

This can be done, but you need a lot of time.

Create a program for processing PDF

On each page of PDF to create description.

Inspection and testing ...

It's too expensive.

It is better to create a separate file. File name - the string to search for. Search as a standard Windows

if no trick found i would do that.

thanks

sami:

In post #1 you wrote..."if i had pdf full of cars pictures".

In post #4 you wrote..."thanks for the link fut it doesnt make much sense with images".

Let's back up a minute. You want to search PDF's that merely contain images and not words? You somehow want to create a PDF search function that is intelligent enough to recognize features, not words, contained within an image?

What program are you using? Is it Google Image Search?

Edited by ReMark

pdf editor or file names

sami:

In post #1 you wrote..."if i had pdf full of cars pictures".

In post #4 you wrote..."thanks for the link fut it doesnt make much sense with images".

Let's back up a minute. You want to search PDF's that merely contain images and not words? You somehow want to create a PDF search function that is intelligent enough to recognize features, not words, contained within an image?

What program are you using? Is it Google Image Search?

the car i want to look for is red, with sunroof and ABS.

its much like creating a new post and add tags to it, so the search engine can sort the pages with the most relevant pages on top.

its drawing catalog, i will add the tags to each page manually

im looking for a way to do it in A360. is there a way to add tags to my uploaded drawings? couldn't find any

Re: car, etc. I did not inquire about what you might be searching for.

So your question isn't about AutoCAD it's about AutoDesk A360. And it isn't about CAD drawings it's about PDF's. And it isn't about searching for images it's about searching for keywords that you will manually add to the PDF's you have amassed over the years. Anything you'd like to tell us?