re-build error on fill

timtom1

Hi

I am new to solidworks and I have a part that at full scale is fine but when I scale it to 1/48 scale holes appear. So I then use the fill command which works great except for 2 holes where it flags up rebuild errors?

I will post the part and the error messages later.

Thanks

Tim

It won't allow me to insert the file as its too large but here is a screenshot.

I can fill two sides but not the other two. When the part is fullsize its fine?

Thanks

Tim

rebuild-error.jpg

If its fine at full size but gone when scaled down then it is most likely a graphics issue. It happens sometimes based on geometry and your system specs. Can you click on that face even though it looks gone?

The error likely means that one of your edges likely doesn't meet up with the others. There could be a tiny face where you added a chamfer or something. One thing you can do is right click on one of the edges and "select open loop" and see what happens.

Thank you for the reply.

When I click on the face I get a + symbol and the edges are highlighted in blue, I will try what you said and see what happens.

Thats great tim! One thing you might want to do after is go to your Evaluate tab or the View menu and do an analysis on the surface. In Solidworks you can go to either View>Display>Curvature or go to the Evaluate Tab and select Curvature. If the surface is flat(planar) it will be black which means no curvature. if "fix up boundary" had to do some funky stuff in a corner, likely against the edge you showed, you will see some color deviations. This means you don't have a nice flat surface. Most of the time the fix up boundary option is used to either extend or trim one of the boundary edges. There are plenty of other little tricks that could make this work. If you can share the file with me i am happy to take a look at why it didn't work initially.