market share: Inventor Professional vs LT

mechaniker

Hi

I want to learn one of them, and therefore buy it.

If LT is the one mainly used, then Professional won’t be necessary.

I did not find that they offer it for free (for hobbyists) like Fusion, unless you know otherwise.

Thanks a lot

Inventor LT and Professional are really night and day.

Inventor LT is only used for single parts and therefore very limited in use. If you are going to learn Inventor you need to learn full Inventor.

Fusion is also great if you are on budget as a new start up company and has many benefits that Inventor has but is also limited in functionality. Personally I would learn both Fusion and Inventor Professional if you have the resources.

Inventor LT and Professional are really night and day.

Inventor LT is only used for single parts and therefore very limited in use. If you are going to learn Inventor you need to learn full Inventor.

Fusion is also great if you are on budget as a new start up company and has many benefits that Inventor has but is also limited in functionality. Personally I would learn both Fusion and Inventor Professional if you have the resources.

OK. That was the answer I needed. Thanks

What is your starting point? Are you coming from another Parametric CAD program? Fusion is great, but is a bit different. It is parametric but its not a straight transition. If you know inventor, you can learn Fusion easily. if you know Fusion it might not be the smoothest transition back to inventor. Going from say Solidworks to Inventor is a much easier transition. I have fusion courses on my website as well as many on Pluralsight. i am currently working on several Inventor courses as well. you can get nearly all Autodesk software if you are associated with a school/university. Also you can download a 30 day trial. That might be enough to get you going if you are just digging into a new software.

What is your starting point? Are you coming from another Parametric CAD program? Fusion is great, but is a bit different. It is parametric but its not a straight transition. If you know inventor, you can learn Fusion easily. if you know Fusion it might not be the smoothest transition back to inventor. Going from say Solidworks to Inventor is a much easier transition. I have fusion courses on my website as well as many on Pluralsight. i am currently working on several Inventor courses as well. you can get nearly all Autodesk software if you are associated with a school/university. Also you can download a 30 day trial. That might be enough to get you going if you are just digging into a new software.

What is your starting point? Are you coming from another Parametric CAD program?

I used solid edge in college. Most companies don't use it. They use solidworks, but since it is expensive, I thought I might buy inventor LT. Now I know LT is not used a lot.

A good idea, as you said, is to take a school course, and get the software for a small price.

Thanks for the info.

Students typically qualify for free software from AutoDesk and makers of other well known CAD/MCAD programs.

I wish there was a home edition for non students.

Not my department. You'll have to take that up with AutoDesk.

Back during the recession some companies, like AutoDesk, made their programs free to those who could prove they were out of work and looking to make a career switch.

Back during the recession some companies, like AutoDesk, made their programs free to those who could prove they were out of work and looking to make a career switch.

I remember this. Everyone who is out of work or wants to learn a software to enhance their career prospects should get it for a small price.

This is especially true if someone has a degree but wants to learn another software. It is not logical to take a first year college course (that they already took) just because it uses another software. In fact I do not know if colleges allow that.

Autodesk has everything on subscription now as well as bundle prices. I suggest the 30 day trial. If you have a .edu email its a 3year license for free. Solidworks is a 2 year for $99 I think.

You can also try and get in the beta.autodesk.com and try the new version...

Autodesk has everything on subscription now as well as bundle prices. I suggest the 30 day trial. If you have a .edu email its a 3year license for free. Solidworks is a 2 year for $99 I think.

You can also try and get in the beta.autodesk.com and try the new version...

"I suggest the 30 day trial. If you have a .edu email its a 3year license for free. Solidworks is a 2 year for $99 I think."

OK