Scaling Images

Hey guys, been a while. Hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Years!!

I would like to know if there is a shortcut to scaling an image I bring into drawing?

For instance, say I pull in a plat of land, and say I need a particular boundary to be a certain length, how could I do that quickly? Like, how could I bring in a image and be-like I need from this point to this point to be 12,000ft for instance.

Hope that explains it

Taylor

**** BTW I am doing this in regular AutoCAD

Are you looking for something like the reference option in the scale command?

This allows you to select a length and scale it to a reference length using selection points or direct input of known values. I've found this to be very useful for what you are asking about.

This allows you to select a length and scale it to a reference length using selection points or direct input of known values. I've found this to be very useful for what you are asking about.

Didn't know there were such an option

I have never seen the "reference option in the scale command" I have AutoCAD open now and trying to find it. When I type scale and select there is no said option. What am I missing here?

You haven't gone far enough in the command is what you are missing.

SCALE

Select objects:

Specify base point:

Specify scale factor or [Copy / Reference]:

Seek and ye shall find.

You haven't gone far enough in the command is what you are missing.

SCALE

Select objects:

Specify base point:

Specify scale factor or [Copy / Reference]:

Seek and ye shall find.

Yea I was missing the base length part *shakes head*

Thanks Rob :thumbsup:

If you haven't learned at least one new thing every day then you aren't applying yourself.

Hey I just learned last week not to try to move a 10hp 90Gal air compressor by hand by yourself; even with a Bobcat. IT CAN TEAR RIBS OUT OF JOINT...LOL:cry:

Hey I just learned last week not to try to move a 10hp 90Gal air compressor by hand by yourself; even with a Bobcat. IT CAN TEAR RIBS OUT OF JOINT...LOL:cry:

I had it hanging by chains by the bucket trying to put it on a new pad while trying to muscling around to index it on new 3/4" studs in the ground. (Cost me a week of work and a Dr visit):oops:

Have you looked at geo referenced images they will have a JGW file as well as a jpg. They can after insert be auto scaled and moved etc to correct world location. We do it every day and have a lisp to do the calcs part.

Have you looked at geo referenced images they will have a JGW file as well as a jpg. They can after insert be auto scaled and moved etc to correct world location. We do it every day and have a lisp to do the calcs part.

I dont do this very often. I was setting up a plat and some construction drawings and documents. For the past couple of years I have been doing my own drawings in Inventor doing design and production work for my own cabinetry works.

I was doing this job on a sub-basis for a colleague, for a architectural project. It appears I had forgot a lot of the civil/generic aspects of cad-work

"Age comes wisdom...unless you forget half." this for you ReMark

Taylor

I had it hanging by chains by the bucket trying to put it on a new pad while trying to muscling around to index it on new 3/4" studs in the ground. (Cost me a week of work and a Dr visit):oops:

Ouch! OSHA report or a in shop lesson learn event?

Ouch! OSHA report or a in shop lesson learn event?

No this was at my shop. Lets just say I will get help next time. You see I had give my 2 guys that work for me a month off with pay for the the holidays....and since they had already been paid they weren't anywhere around the shop (as I wouldn't have either) I was trying to reposition this air compressor to a more secluded part around the shop (with new house for it with better noise canceling insulation)