Project Management inside AutoCAD

therock005

FWIW

I sometimes use this old routine to make sort of sticky notes inside DWG format.

Its nice that if you save a note it will be prompted once you open the DWG,

Logical, it only works if you start up with lsp

;Tip1756a: MESSAGE.LSP Message Service ©2001, John R. Fair III; $50 Bonus Winner

;;; ----------------------------------------------------------

;;; Message.lsp is a program to store and retrieve ;

;;; information about a drawing. Use it to save notes to ;

;;; yourself or others, information about "odd" non-standard ;

;;; things you were asked to do to a drawing. Saves right in;

;;; the drawing, retrieve the message the next day, next week;

;;; or next year.

;;; ----------------------------------------------------------

Can you share this LISP with us?

Im interested!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• therock005

• tzframpton

• halam

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I allways thought this one does some tricks with sysvar 'edtime'. Maybe its not..

Keeping track on hours spend on dwg doesn't say jacksht imo. HOwever, it would be nice to see a app 'BIMtempo' to monitor some desired speeds on ifc, rvt, or whatever your flavor is..

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2010/ENU/AutoCAD%202010%20User%20Documentation/index.html?url=WS73099cc142f4875513fb5cd10c4aa30d6b-7afe.htm,topicNumber=d0e394867

halam "Productivity_tool_analysis.lsp" does some nice stuff about what you are doing in a dwg I have cut it down to just start and end reports for time, interesting though ran it over numerous staff and the command counts etc see lsp was very interesting.

CadTempo seems like a fine module but it was not it. After seeing some navisworks tutorial i am now almost certain this might have been the one.

I havent worked with it personally, it was just a period where i was searching immensely the web for Autocad addons and it had caught my eye, like 8 years ago.

But as noted it is its own program, it does not embed inside AutoCAD so even if this is it i can not make use of it.

Either something like this exists in AutoCAD, or id just have to work with an additional program outside which is not as dsirbale but now feels like my only option. There is Microsoft Project and the free GanntProject which i am now experimenting with.

CadTempo seems like a fine module but it was not it. After seeing some navisworks tutorial i am now almost certain this might have been the one.

I havent worked with it personally, it was just a period where i was searching immensely the web for Autocad addons and it had caught my eye, like 8 years ago.

But as noted it is its own program, it does not embed inside AutoCAD so even if this is it i can not make use of it.

Either something like this exists in AutoCAD, or id just have to work with an additional program outside which is not as dsirbale but now feels like my only option. There is Microsoft Project and the free GanntProject which i am now experimenting with.

Hope you find something that works for you.

-TZ