Using Table to Adjust Block Size

Hello,

My goal is to create a table within AutoCAD that will determine the dimensions of a block.

I have have drawn a rectangular block with parameters of length and width. When I save and exit the block editor I would like to input my desired length and width dimensions in the table so that it updates my block dimensions.

Could you not use a dynamic block and lookup actions? Of course this would require that you know and enter all the lengths and widths beforehand.

Could you not use a dynamic block and lookup actions? Of course this would require that you know and enter all the lengths and widths beforehand.

Yes that would work. But I am looking to put in random numbers that I do not know beforehand.

Not tested just Googled

Follow these steps:

• Double-click the desired table cell.
  • Press CTRL+F.
  • In the FIELD dialog box, under Field Names, select Object.
  • Under Object Type, click the Select Object button and then select the block that contains the attributes you want to insert.
  • Under Property, select the desired attribute.

Using this idea I would go other way and edit the block knowing the table will update.