Autocad Fonts

craigybell

I am trying to find fonts for an Architectural border I've inherited converted to Autocad. The missing fonts are Arial Western and Lucida Sans Western. Been all over the web but cant find these fonts. Do you know of any equivalent shx fonts or where to find them.

The two fonts are TrueType aren't they? Without knowing what they look like it would be difficult to suggest a substitute SHX font.

The term "western" here may apply to the selection of characters and not the style of the font. Western is used to distinguish it from Central or Eastern European character set. Fonts that have a "western" style are usually serifed. Arial and Lucida Sans are both non-serifed fonts. Bottom line? I think you would be alright using Arial or Lucida Sans which are readily available.

~Lee

I tried to find a particular font and it was basicly impossible. If you have a printed copy then like LRM find something that is so close. Something to watch out for may not matter the period in some fonts is at bottom others in middle. 123.45 123 period 45

Thanks for the replies. Yes they are true type fonts. I have loads in my library but struggle to match these particular fonts.

I am going to request the fonts from the architect as its a pain trying to match up.