Autocad LT 2009 Issues

marc226

Hi,

I have been using Autocad LT 09 but only now and then so i'm no expert, we have switched over computers at work and since the software was reinstalled i have been having an issue with drawing rectangles in model space, whenever i draw and put in dimensions e.g 25,50 it draws it around 10 times the size and i can't find a resource online to tell me how to get it back to drawing at 1:1

Thanks in advance

You are drawing in millimeters?

Can you attach a copy of the drawing you are currently working on to your next post so we can see it with out own eyes? We need a .dwg file not an image file. Thanks.

You attached a blank drawing? Heck, I could have just opened a new one on my computer. Well anyway, I drew a 50x25 rectangle in model space and it was so small I had to zoom in to see it. Then I dimensioned it. The dimensions matched exactly what was drawn so I don't see a problem here. You must have done something wrong.

Drawing1.dwg

Sorry how silly of me, i attached the wrong file, the one i've attached i have drawn a rectangle 25,50 and then as you can hopefully see from the dims it is a totally different size

Hate to tell you this but there is nothing wrong with the drawing. I opened it and immediately drew a 50,25 rectangle with no problem. It dimensioned correctly too. How are you drawing your rectangles?

This is very strange, i draw them the same way i always do, click rectangle pick my point in model space and then type in the dims, never had the issue before, it's just a bit frustrating thats all

Well I've had no problem drawing rectangles, of the correct size (i.e. - dimensions exactly match keyboard input), in your drawing so I don't know what to tell you. One thing though, the vertical dimension on your original rectangle is incorrect. Are you using osnaps to accurately pick on the geometry when adding your dimensions?

I've just reinstalled and it seems to have repaired itself, will talk to our IT support wonder if it's a compatability issue with new software, anyway thanks for your help and time much appreciated

Sounds a bit drastic but if it solved your problem then that is all that counts. What new software was installed? What OS are you running ACAD 2009 under?