Struggling to maintain SECTIONPLANE settings through tool palette (ACAD 2017)

oftenly

Howdy guys, quick question here.

I make sections that are almost always one specific style, which is about three settings different from the AUTOCad default, which cannot be changed. It's a pain in the behind to constantly be resetting those settings every time I start a new SECTIONPLANE. So, from what I've learned, the best (and only) way to save SECTIONPLANE settings is to create one, change your settings, and then drag and drop it onto the tool palette.

Problem is, every time I bring a new section into my drawing from the tool palette, AUTOCad changes some of the settings itself. Specifically, it turns off Intersection Boundary / Division Lines to "no", and Background Lines / Hidden Line to "no". It does this by itself; I have never changed those settings before.

For clarity, this happens when I'm dragging the section object from the tool palette into my drawing. It keeps the changes I want, which is great, but for some reason takes it upon itself to change other settings, seemingly at random. Why?

(I can't help thinking a better question is: why can't I change the defaults?)

That's all I have this time. Thanks again!

What isn't weird with AutoCAD or any other CAD program for that matter?

Some things are just hard wired and there is little or nothing one can do about them. I'm not 100% positive however that your problem is one of those things. It would take a bit of searching to uncover a definitive answer. I can't devote any time to the matter at the moment but I may have some time first thing Wednesday morning. Meanwhile, perhaps another forum member will be able to answer your question and provide you with a solution.