Hiding some unnecessary object

lulumara

Hi to all,

Need some help again, I wanted to hide object from Viewport #1 to Viewport #2 , I mean two Viewport overlapped each other but need to hide object of Viewport #1 from Viewport #2 , I can't use the Wipeout command and I tried VPClip but there's no vise versa command for Clipping the Viewport?

Any ideas for hiding the object of Viewport #1?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lulumara

• RobDraw

• BIGAL

• tzframpton

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't need to freeze the objects I need only a portion of the objects freeze or hide it? Can't find the attach button in order for me to show or attached a Pdf showing the two View port?

There are only two ways to hide something in AutoCAD: Layer Control (on/off, or freeze), or the Hide Objects tool. Unfortunately, the Hide Objects tool is a global on/off. There is no Viewport-specific option for Hide Objects (that I'm aware of). So to accomplish what you want, it would be a layer control thing.

One workaround would be to use the CHSPACE command to leverage the linework into Paperspace. You can then manipulate as needed while in Paperspace, and hide the items in the Viewport. It's a bit of a workaround, but to me it may be the only way to handle it (depending on the nature of the linework itself and how it's drawn).

-TZ

I cannot freeze all the object I wanted to hide, Just a Portion that is showing in Viewport #2 , The drawings that I doing right now were all xref , so drawing sheet #1 , #2 and #3 had all the drawings. I did was to layer freezed what I don't want it on every sheets. But in Drawing 3 there's a Viewport #1 and #2 which I need to hide a portion only (Viewport #2) . Thanks.

Is there a button for attaching the Pdf dwg that I working so I can show it to you?

455-U07-02161 R 1.0-Sheet 4.pdf

Or .. (Dont use paperspace./ viewports..)

Reference the same model multiple times with a different name (lee mac blockcopy)

Then nicely put them next to each other. You can xclip / wipeout and layerstate per xref object..

Or .. (Dont use paperspace./ viewports..)

Reference the same model multiple times with a different name (lee mac blockcopy)

Then nicely put them next to each other. You can xclip / wipeout and layerstate per xref object..

Another good alternative. But either way, PITA. :)

-TZ

Paperspace and Viewport is a STD way to work on. we do work on Paperspace all the time. I had done what you said I have three xref ovelapping each other. I cannot use wipeout the object because it will show on the other sheets -- wipeout area ?I used also xclip in xref but totally not necessary and layer freezed for every Viewport (layers that were not use--freeze it).

I atatched the dwg in Pdf files. Above.

Paperspace and Viewport is a STD way to work on. we do work on Paperspace all the time. I had done what you said I have three xref ovelapping each other. I cannot use wipeout the object because it will not show on the other sheet ?I used also xclip and layer freezed for every Viewport (layers that were not use--freeze it).
Why can't you use Wipeout in PS then instead?

Why can't you use Wipeout in PS then instead?

I did but the whole small box with ducts doesn't show -- means all the entire box were empty nada not showing. It wipeout all the box. try to test it two vieports and in middle is the Wipeout there will be no drawings at all.

I even use VPClip , but Viewport #1 was entirely not showing up it clipped the entire drawings? Any more sugeestions? Thanks.

Thank you very much for the responds I hope someone can help me with this problem?

Edited by lulumara

Jpeg to photoshop ;-).. (I like paint.net) then plot the pdf.

Or

Let the model to the talking..

Autocad is a lot more wisiwyg in 3d than e.g. Revit, which has a lot of ways to manipulate the views..

Something like this, it uses a bit of trickery in the viewport shape (MVIEW might be usefull to look at) see if it is of any use.

Hide.jpg

attached is the dwg as well if it helps.

NoSee.dwg

This can be done with VP clip. I've done it many times. As you have found, you cannot do an island clip to cut out the area under the other viewport. What you need to do is trace the larger viewport and the smaller viewport. Then create a very narrow "bridge" between the rectangles. Trim the rectangles so there is a very small gap where the bridge meets both of them. Join everything together so you get a closed polyline making sure it does not cross itself. Now, make the "bridge" narrow enough so that it is barely perceptible when zoomed out to the title block. Clip the larger viewport to that polyline. The lines crossing that "bridge" will look continuous when plotted.

Let me know if you need images to explain this. I don't have access to AutoCAD until tomorrow but I might be able to whip up something to explain what I mean with something else if you are in a hurry.

This can be done with VP clip. I've done it many times. As you have found, you cannot do an island clip to cut out the area under the other viewport. What you need to do is trace the larger viewport and the smaller viewport. Then create a very narrow "bridge" between the rectangles. Trim the rectangles so there is a very small gap where the bridge meets both of them. Join everything together so you get a closed polyline making sure it does not cross itself. Now, make the "bridge" narrow enough so that it is barely perceptible when zoomed out to the title block. Clip the larger viewport to that polyline. The lines crossing that "bridge" will look continuous when plotted.

Let me know if you need images to explain this. I don't have access to AutoCAD until tomorrow but I might be able to whip up something to explain what I mean with something else if you are in a hurry.

kinda little confused

, is it possible you can have some image to show what is the explanation above or maybe tomorrow you can sed over some files such as dwg files Thanks for responding

Something like this, it uses a bit of trickery in the viewport shape (MVIEW might be usefull to look at) see if it is of any use.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]60360[/ATTACH]

attached is the dwg as well if it helps.

I'll let you know , because the Engineer gave another work so I have to stop this project , maybe tommorow will continue it Thanks again I appreciate it so much but will try tomorrow.

Quick sketch of the polyline. The 'bridge' is wide for illustration purposes. When done correctly, it will appear to be a single line connecting the viewports.

VP Clip.png

So, the segments that make up the bridge can actually overlap without AutoCAD considering it crossing?

Yes, been working that way for a while now.

I can't remember the last time I had to do it but I for sure remember the first time and it is not a fond memory. It was actually two XREFs, not viewports, and required a lot more segments, but the same rules applied.