Dimensions

In previous versions of autocad the dimension command had a 'new' option in the dim command, so that you could change a number of dimensions in one go. So, if you wanted to add, say, 'minimum' you could just select dim, new and then change it to 'min. ', and select all the dimensions you wanted to. I cannot find anything that will do that in 2017. Is it still possible? If so, how?

You'll find the ability to add a prefix in the dimension style dialog box. I don't recall which tab at the moment as I am not on my CAD computer.

You'll find the ability to add a prefix in the dimension style dialog box. I don't recall which tab at the moment as I am not on my CAD computer.

You could do this on either the Primary Units, or the Alternate Units tab, while the DIMENSION STYLE MANAGER is open.

However if you do it that way it is going to be defined in your dimension style, which doesn't sound like what you want.

If you turn on Quick Properties, or Properties there is an option available to add a Prefix or a Suffix to a selected individual dimension, or a selection of dimensions.

Thanks, I'll give it a go. I'm curious - why did autocad feel the need to remove the option? I found it very useful. Same with update - it used to be an option one could just choose on the command line. I use my keyboard a lot, I find it quicker.

I've tried both options, and neither is what I require. I might have a series of fixed dimensions, and only a couple of them are min or equal or whatever. I suppose it is possible to create a new style with the min (or whatever) and just update those dimensions, but what a cumbersome solution. Just as cumbersome as changing them individually.