Multiple Actions On Lookup Parameter

RyanAtHC

I am having trouble accomplishing this in ACAD 2017.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/AutoCAD-Core/files/GUID-CCF67081-3278-42D6-8AB1-BFF4EB50FB6B-htm.html

When I add the second lookup action to the new parameter set, it will only show one action when I use the new parameter set, despite the fact that it shows two actions in the properties menu of the new parameter set. I cannot add a second action to the parameter. It says that it is already associated with a lookup table.

Any info would be very helpful.

Thanks!

I'm trying to use the array command to only apply certain attributes based on the length of the array. I have the array command, a visibility set, and a lookup command. I need to reference the array length and the visibility from the lookup command, which are different objects and have the visibility set to make sure the appropriate attributes are displayed.

I tried adding the visibility column to the lookup table, but the block would not work quite right. The example I have (attached) shows two actions on one lookup, but I cannot recreate it. I can delete the old linework in the example, and replace it with my own, but I will not send anything out that I cannot create on my own.

SectionSample.dwg

So do you just want to be able to add a double lookup to the parameter set in the block editor, or figure out how to use that once you have it set up?

Correct, when I follow the steps in the link in my first post, the new parameter set only shows one action when two are listed in the properties.

Oops misread. I want to add the double parameter. I have already used the one to set up what I want. I want to be able to do it from scratch.

Part of me thinks an issue with 2017 because I've seen videos of it being done in earlier versions. When the same steps from the link were followed in the video, a parameter appeared with two actions, just like in the example file I sent.

1.png

Right click the lookup parameter set and select copy

2.png

Right click again somewhere between 2 of the sets (where nothing is highlighted) and paste,

Right click on the new set and rename it “Double lookup set”, and then again right click on the new set and select properties

3.png

Click into the actions box to highlight it and you see a new icon appear on the right (2) click on this (lots of clicking here)

4.png

With some parameters you can select different ones in the “action object to add” drop down list but for lookups there is no choice available, so just click on the add button and another lookup will appear in the list, press ok twice to get out of the properties, and you should now have a working double lookup

5.png

Good luck and have fun you can do some fantastic things with this combination.

I just did this with 2017 LT no problems, just a thought check the variable bactionbarmode=0 otherwise you will get a different visual

Edit

You posted just before me yeah bactionbarmode is your problem

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 5 years later...