Prepare or repair STL for 3D Printing

Robert Newton

I have 2 drawings that I am trying to get ready for printing in 3D. It seems that I can get them converted to the required STL format but am having a problem getting them repaired for printing. I am using an Autodesk 30 day trial version of NetFabb to perform the repairs but don't really have a clue what to do when I get there. Has anyone had any experience in performing these repairs; if so, if I post the files can you repair them and repost them or send them directly to the guy that is going to do the printing? If you are familiar you already know that the repair does not have to be NetFabb, (your choice)

It doesn't appear anyone here is familiar with NetFabb. You might want to try asking your question over at the AutoDesk Community forums. I'd try the Inventor forum first.

I think we only have a couple of forum members that do 3D printing. I don't know what programs they are using to generate the proper files needed for the operation of the printer.

Surely your easist way would be to fix the drawings in the original program, if your model is watertight it should convert to STL without the need to repair. What is the nature of the problem that needs repairing?