3d move

wonderpriya

I am doing a restaurant and I am trying to move the furniture using 3d move, but the software is hanging and not responding whenever I use 3d move. What do I do?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• wonderpriya

• lrm

• Dadgad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

What Visual Style are you using?

The 2D Wireframe visual style will work the best, be the lightest load on your system.

You don't happen to have SNAP enabled by any chance do you?

How many objects are you trying to move at one time?

Have you tried moving just one object?

Is this the only 3D drawing you've worked on that has exhibited this unusual behavior?

Can you attach a copy of the drawing to your next post? If the file size is too large can you upload it to a file sharing website like Dropbox and post a link to the drawing here?

So? Where is the drawing? It would help to have a copy to better troubleshoot the problem.

Edited by ReMark

You have to upload it to DropBox then post a link to the file here at CADTutor.

How to start using DropBox.

http://www.wikihow.com/Start-Using-Dropbox

What seems to be the problem? A link should have been posted by now.

I've checked back several times since your last post but no response so I am assuming you either 1) Solved the problem yourself or 2) You gave up.

Edited by ReMark

I think your problem is primarily due to the unusual nature of your drawing. You have many objects scattered about your drawing that are not on the same plane and a couple dozen or more that have been flung off into the far reaches of the drawing. It would also probably help if the lower left and corner of the restaurant was located at 0,0,0. I think you need more practice working in 3D probably with a project that contains fewer than a dozen objects before attempting the layout of a restaurant.

To see what I am talking about look at the drawing not only from an isometric view but from the front as well.

By the way, I don't really understand why such a simple drawing should be almost 5.5MB in size. Perhaps it is because some of the 3D models are polyface meshes and not 3D solids? I'm not sure. Anyway, after performing a few specific commands on your drawing I was able to get the file size down to a more manageable 1.9MB. Perhaps the combination of large file size and your system specs (just guessing here) was the main cause of your problem.

Here is a link to the smaller size version of your drawing I created. I did NOT move any of the furniture that is above or below the plane of the floor. That's your job.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/waqogvc6x0sfgwt/ACAD-restaurant_clean.dwg?dl=0

Edited by ReMark

What are you system specs?

I had no problem moving any objects, individually, or the entire set of objects using the normal MOVE command.

Like I said previously, I moved all your geometry closer to 0,0,0 relative to the lower left hand corner of the restaurant. There is no need for you to do anything else.

I think you need some further practice before continuing with the project. Maybe try a drawing with just two or three models in it.

Like its Windows 10 and the system specs are Processor:

1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC

RAM:

1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit

Hard disk space:

16 GB for 32-bit OS 20 GB for 64-bit OS

Graphics card:

DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver

Display:

800x600

No, I asked you what YOUR system specs are? What do you have for a computer?

You really need to go back and look at what you are doing in the drawing. For example, take a look at the right. All the objects are split between two layers "0" and "err" and in some cases you have overridden the layer color setting so while all the walls are the same color they are not on the same layer as they should be.

Next, look at the drawing from a front view. Notice that a number of the 3D tables and chairs are not at the same elevation as the floor of the restaurant. Some float above the floor while many others are 5 to 13 feet lower than the floor.

The two blue couches in the upper left hand corner of the restaurant are shown on the "interior walls" layer.

You have ten layers just for the red chairs next to the round magenta tables in the 3D restaurant and both the chairs and the tables are comprised of hundreds of 3D faces rather than being a single 3D solid model. This may account for the fact that you have well over 22,300 objects in a relatively simple drawing. This is very inefficient. Notice that as you moved and copied some of the chairs and tables you left bits and pieces of them scattered throughout the drawing.

There is more wrong with this drawing than there is right. Do yourself a favor and if you really must create a 3D drawing of a restaurant start over and pay close attention to what you are doing. Set up your layers and make sure only objects that belong on those layers are placed there and not on other unrelated layers. Don't go exploding any 3D models you may download from other websites either.

Edited by ReMark

How do I find my system specs?Its Lenovo laptop running Windows 10.

Via the control panel > System for starters then look in Device Manager.

Or go online to the Lenovo website and search on the laptop model number. Everyone who works in CAD should be familiar with their system specs.

Is this a school project or maybe something you are doing to help out a friend or relative?

Where are you located?

Edited by ReMark

I'm doing a interior design diploma in Bangalore. We are supposed to do 2 projects. I'm doing hotel and restaurant. I finished hotel. Like is it easier to do 2d isometric or 3d for restaurant? What is 2d isometric?

I would not attempt trying to lay out a restaurant using a 2D isometric unless you had previous 2D isometric experience.

Does the drawing have to be an isometric?

Does the drawing have to be in 3D?

What was the exact nature of the assignment?

Where are your computer specs? I have a feeling that a combination of a very large drawing (original file size) and a laptop with just the basic specs are attributing to the problem. You may not have enough RAM and / or an under-performing graphics chip (I doubt you specified a dedicated graphics chip).

These are the system specs Processor Intel® Pentium ® CPU@2.16 GHz RAM 4.00GB 3.89 GB usable, Processor 64-bit operating system x-64 bit processor. Your smart, my dad is him-self A but doesnt know anything. The students were making din so I left job and am doing interior design course. The other students are doing 2d isometric but I thought I'll do it in 3d since I don't know 2d isometric. I put it in front view but how do I select a furniture when its overlapping with the background and the background is also getting selected?

What is the model number for your Lenovo laptop?

Judging by the specs you have shared so far I would say your laptop, when it comes to CAD, is entry level at best. It will be OK for 2D work but as soon as you get into 3D work and the drawing file size starts increasing you'll see more and more of a lag. I'm guessing you have an onboard graphics chip with 2GB of videoram and when it starts to get overtaxed the system begins stealing resources from the physical ram thus slowing your computer to a crawl.

You really can't select furniture easily when you are in a front view because it is difficult to distinguish one piece of furniture from another. You really need to be in a 3D isometric view. But the problem remains. Many of your chairs and some of your tables are either above or below the plane of the floor and they would have to be moved either up or down the correct distance so that the very bottom of each leg is flush with the floor of the restaurant.